• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Exhaust Tip

CincySVT07

CEG'er
Hey guys...

I know half of the responses to this thread will probably be, "search it"... but to be honest ive done that and i dont know if you have tried to search something specific on here, but you never find it. so im going to post a thread and if someone would be polite enough just to answer this rather simple question, thatd be sweet.

so ive noticed a lot of people have some exhaust tips on their csvt's and i was just wondering what kind is best to use/what dimensions it would be. my exhaust is stock, if that helps.

thanks again

most of the "tips" that you are seeing is actually an integrated tip on a replacement muffler such as magnaflow, borla, etc. most people buy a whole cat back exhaust from tru-bendz or find a local shop to make one for them. if all you want is different tips then you will have to cut off the stock tips and replace them with whatever style and size you like, keeping in mind that the tips are only for aesthetics and do nothing for power.

with a 3L, you will gain some power by going with a full cat back system as the air flow would be less restricted.

cool man thanks for telling me not to just search for it haha. i guess what i have been seeing is the exhaust pipes are bigger in diameter, filling that extra space you see with the stock exhaust. With the bigger diameter and chromed out tips, I just like how it looks, aesthetically. I know it wont do anything performance wise. I just like the way it looks. But thanks for the help.

Back