• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ESU is a big pile...

ZeroHour

Mod/Salad Tosser
So besides having the worst roads imaginable, no water for the last few weeks, today I find out just why I went to college...to live around a bunch of no skill **** heads...

Went to leave school today and on the way out to the parking lot I see my shocker sticker is pullled partially off :mad:

Then I'm like great here we go...

Lists of damages:
shocker sticker :cry:
passenager side headlight attemptly pulled out...
...tabs a little bowed, the plastic backing is broken. :nonono:
Grill is split apart, and lower tabs are permenatly broken :shocked:
passenager tire is left with about 15 PSI in it...but the valve stem is put back on.. :shrug:

WHO IN THE **** TRYS TO STEAL A HEAD LIGHT? HALF BREAK A GRILL, AND HALF-ASS PULLS OF A STICKER????? Honestly I'm moving to ****ing canada where at least people can properly break ****...

Last edited by a moderator:
So besides having the worst roads imaginable, no water for the last few weeks, today I find out just why I went to college...to live around a bunch of no skill **** heads...

Went to leave school today and on the way out to the parking lot I see my shocker sticker is pullled partially off :mad:

Then I'm like great here we go...

Lists of damages:
shocker sticker :cry:
passenager side headlight attemptly pulled out...
...tabs a little bowed, the plastic backing is broken. :nonono:
Grill is split apart, and lower tabs are permenatly broken :shocked:
passenager tire is left with about 15 PSI in it...but the valve stem is put back on.. :shrug:

WHO IN THE **** TRYS TO STEAL A HEAD LIGHT? HALF BREAK A GRILL, AND HALF-ASS PULLS OF A STICKER????? Honestly I'm moving to ****ing canada where at least people can properly break ****...

Wow, that would piss me off. The idea that someone would do intentional harm to something I've worked very hard on (i.e. taking great car of my car) really fries my eggs. I feel for you.

:( I'm sorry Scott.
People these days just have no respect for the property of others. It's pretty sad.

They tried to steal your headlight? WTH?

Time for a Harry's meet, very soon.

Don't move to Canada. :nonono:

Pictures of attempted theft? *shrug*

The headlight worked itself back into position while driving home, but the outer two bolt tabs are completely movable. Its basically being held in place by the inner single bolt tab where the bracket isn't as "structually detached" I'm really pissed cause the head light us to "wobble" from the little pin that goes into the fender being missing, but I could tell the headlight was bounching while I was driving during the day. *blackeye*

The grill will probably have to be cut apart and glued back together, you can see its split pretty damn good in on picture. Its still missing the lower tabs entirely now. It will never be the same again. :mad:

I guess I have to say so long to the shocker sticker. I'll have to see if I can get another one made up in reverse and put it on the inside of the window. :laugh: I hope the same jack___ that pulled the first one off and see it.

At least there's air back in the tire...first on the list of repairs.

So without further text and testament:
HPIM3691.jpg

HPIM3690.jpg

HPIM3688.jpg

HPIM3685.jpg

HPIM3679.jpg

HPIM3678.jpg

you can see the split in the grill... :-(
HPIM3677.jpg

someone shocked the shocker...
HPIM3676.jpg

that crap has happened to me ever since i had the car. im sick of it! someone at who i took auto tech with poured metal shavings in my gas tank once. just this past week, someone at my college smeared bearing grease all on my wheels. also removed my wipers and left them on the ground. nothing even close to what happened to you, but i've ALWAYS had **** happen to my car. i was so excited to graduate high school and leave all that behind. the first week of college, someone shoved roughly 5 lbs of random crap in my exhaust. took me forever to pull it all out.

Honestly I don't know what pisses me off more about this. The fact that someone completely sucked at trying to theft peices off of my totally awesome car, or the fact that my totally awesome car is freakin broken. :nonono: And they even sucked at breaking things... Honestly why would you half-ass vandualism??? Its not even vandualism, its likely minorly inconvincing... like WTH is that?

If they had smashed the headlight, stole the grill. I would have been really pissed, bought new parts, fixed the car. End of Story.

but now its like well the parts are there, they are broken, and now I need to repair broken parts. I honestly don't know what to think. I just would love to know what the motive would have been to partially break a sweet Ford Contour? Like did he go back and brag to his friends? Everyone knows you're the **** if you break a Ford Contour.!? :shrug: Whoever it was didn't even get parts off the car??? And destoring a sticker? all yeah, all the ladies are gonna be like damn, you see that bad ass, he pulls off stickers???? :shocked:

I am the youth of the nation and I look around an see I'm in a sea of ****** idoits? Honestly I couldn't even imagine how other people view us. I feel let down that my generation is too freakin retarded to even accomplish vandualism. like WTH??? It makes me want to go properly smash something :nonono:

All I can do is hope Steven Colbert gets elected and fixes public education. You know so the U.S. can be back on top of breaking stuff, the right way.

End Rant...

man if that were done to my mystique someone would have their head off by now. and you're definitely right about one thing. how goddamn stupid can you be to suck at vandalism???? that's actually more stupid than vandalizing in general!

P.S. And I thought that when you go to college you are supposed to be more mature... I guess whoever did this disproved that theory...

that crap has happened to me ever since i had the car. im sick of it! someone at who i took auto tech with poured metal shavings in my gas tank once. just this past week, someone at my college smeared bearing grease all on my wheels. also removed my wipers and left them on the ground. nothing even close to what happened to you, but i've ALWAYS had **** happen to my car. i was so excited to graduate high school and leave all that behind. the first week of college, someone shoved roughly 5 lbs of random crap in my exhaust. took me forever to pull it all out.

That's MORE stuff I just don't get :shrug: . Friggin' tools :mad: !!

So I was thinking how many flamethrower kits does it take to protect a Contour? :laugh:

No seriously, how many do you think it would take? I know we have the technology, oh and warning labels :rolleyes:

that crap has happened to me ever since i had the car. im sick of it! someone at who i took auto tech with poured metal shavings in my gas tank once.

see...now that's how people get shot!

did your car get messed up at all?

messing with another guys car is against every guy code ever written...it should be an offense punishable by death.

that being said, you can't avoid it most of the time. You should be happy you don't live somewhere like brooklyn where no matter what you drive it will get destroyed just from parking it. It's impossible to keep a car perfect. I've tried, and failed miserably. I even did more harm than good with my painters tape going to SZ.

I've actually come up with another solution,

1) Locate the all-spark (Glenn gonna need a little help on this one, we'll use your SVT :laugh: )
2) Tap Contour with all-spark
3) Contour will destory all that angers its face.
4) Tap Cavaliar with all-spark, use as mini-con.

Problem solved! :laugh:

Maybe I could even hurt the contour's sensative feelings, and it will drive off and scan a 4th Generation Mondeo! :laugh:

Last edited:
did your car get messed up at all?

nope, some kid told me that a couple kids were standing around my car doing something and laughing. i checked that car top to bottom. the last thing i checked was the gas door. opened it up and found shavings everywhere. we rolled the car into the shop(25ft away) and dropped the gas tank the next day.

nope, some kid told me that a couple kids were standing around my car doing something and laughing. i checked that car top to bottom. the last thing i checked was the gas door. opened it up and found shavings everywhere. we rolled the car into the shop(25ft away) and dropped the gas tank the next day.
Sounds like it's time to recontent the pre97 locking gas cap.

Seriously that's insane. I thought you brought your Saturn to college (or was this the Saturn that was affected?)

Thank god people at ESU don't have access to metal shavings. They would probably eat them, then die :nonono:

Yet another potential cure to the problem...:laugh:

that's good to hear...but still, there would have been a fuggin' war!

Back