• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Engine Cover Announcement!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my cover today. Everything looks beautiful expect for a small spot that the weave got messed up. I was a little dissapointed when I saw it. :(

mine looks pretty good. the distortion spots ive seen on all the others around the oil cap area look way worse than topshops covers so all in all im pretty pleased with mine
IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

Yeah the colored kevlar is some hard stuff to work with exspecially when you have as many curves and dips to go over as this engine cover. Looks pretty good though just that one spot.

Has anybody had any type of graying or a Defrosting type of look on their carbon fiber engine covers.

Mine looks like the front end that curves downwards over the IMRC has gotten gray. I had it on my car since i received the CF Engine Cover. It grayed within a week and a half. But the rest looks completely fine!

Kind of like yellowing but without the yellow LOL

- amyn

Looks pretty damn good man...if you've ever seen CF used in structural components you will see MUCH worse than that.

RJ

I agree it looks good, but my problem is that all the others appear to be fine except mine. It's not in an area that has any curves or odd shapes to work around. It's just a flat area. :mad:

Like I said in the begining the carbon/kevlar is much harder to work with than regular carbon fiber. So it there are just a few minor blemishes it is because the stuff is so hard to work with.
Thanks
Justin B

I agree it looks good, but my problem is that all the others appear to be fine except mine. It's not in an area that has any curves or odd shapes to work around. It's just a flat area. :mad:

I completely agree with Tony. I understand that it is hard to work with, but he payed the same amount as everyone else and got something that is sub-par. That's not right. What Tony recieved is not like everything that is pictured. I don't see one other one that has a spot that is that noticeable. That is not what he payed for.

I'm surprised that Tony has reacted so nicely. I would have been quite upset if that is what I had recieved.

Looks pretty damn good man...if you've ever seen CF used in structural components you will see MUCH worse than that.

RJ

It is very hard to get the weave 100% perfect with all the bends in this peice. We are only human not robots that get everything perfect. The carbon/ color kevlar is alot softer and is way harder to make look good because the weave wants to get messed up very easy.

These are still for sale.

I can still run a sale on these engine covers price will be

Black Carbon fiber 150.00+20 shipped USA
Red/black,Blue/black 175.00+ 20 USA

If you live outside of the USA at 20 for shipping

Call us up to make an order 877-996-8508 or just send paypal payment to topshop@santel.net

Make sure if you send paypal payment to put down all info, color and what parts you are getting.

tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back