• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

egr delete?

I'll post up pictures of what I did tonight for the track car. Simple, safe, reversable, and a clean finished product with no dangling lines.

and get a vacuum cap for the egr vacuum line. I pulled the plastic line, but couldn't find a vacuum plug at any of the stores around here. So I got a plastic vacuum union, and capped the other end.... and zip tied them.

Pull the line out of the rubber boot it comes from and put a plug in the boot. I found an assortment of rubber caps at my local auto parts store and picked up a small plastic vacuum line fitting. I put the plug on one end and then plugged the other open end into the open EGR tube port (I basically made made a plug).

Pull the line out of the rubber boot it comes from and put a plug in the boot. I found an assortment of rubber caps at my local auto parts store and picked up a small plastic vacuum line fitting. I put the plug on one end and then plugged the other open end into the open EGR tube port (I basically made made a plug).
hehehe that's what I did, but it might not have come across clear.

And do it properly if your boosted, or you'll pop that screw out... you'll be screwed.

Back