• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

EGR Delete Plate

sergiovbriones

Veteran CEG'er
Does anyone know if a Mustang Gt 96-04 egr delete plate will fit in our cars? I don't know where I can get one.

Does anyone know if a Mustang Gt 96-04 egr delete plate will fit in our cars? I don't know where I can get one.

yes it will fit. they can be had from Ebay and other various places. the other option is to do what SHOgoFast said and just cut your own out. also, unless you get one of the kits that comes with the manifold cap, you will need one of those as well. you can get them at Lowes for a couple bucks, should be a 5/8" compression cap IIRC.

i got mine off a 88 ranger with factory egr delete :) it was just staring me in the face one day at a pull a part lol. then i proceeded to pick up another one for the future. got it around the shop somewhere :-/

I know one of the MI guys made a number of sets of them, forget his screen name... but I have one and it was really nicely made and hella cheaper than the online options.

I know one of the MI guys made a number of sets of them, forget his screen name... but I have one and it was really nicely made and hella cheaper than the online options.

Guy on NECO? If so he doesn't have any left, I asked him about a month ago.

Pretty sure they were like $10 for a kit from Steve at Tousley that included the plate and the tube nut.

I was pretty sure it was around $40 last time i looked but I may be mistaken. a Ford part number would help confirm current pricing though.

yes it will fit. they can be had from Ebay and other various places. the other option is to do what SHOgoFast said and just cut your own out. also, unless you get one of the kits that comes with the manifold cap, you will need one of those as well. you can get them at Lowes for a couple bucks, should be a 5/8" compression cap IIRC.
OK thanks for the help guys...I think I am just gonna go to Lowes and buy the 5/8 compression cap.

Back