• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ECU re-mapping

mattyninegrand

New CEG'er
Hi all

Well it's been a long time and hope you have all had a happy holiday.

Since I was last on here I had to change a head gasket on my ST24 - what a nightmare!!!!!! but all done now and wasn't running quite right so bought an ODBII cable and plugged my laptop into it and hooked it upto the diagnostic port on the ECU, there was a couple of faults showing which had appeared whilst re-building so cleared the faults from the memory and the car is like a new car, drives great!!!!!!!!!

I want to take this ODBII connection to the next step and re-program the ECU, now I know there is a handheld device from superchips that plugs into the ODBII port on the car and re-maps the ecu and gives an extra 15bhp approx.

I am after the software or a similar software that I can re-program the ecu to give me these extra horses.

Does anyone know of any such software or any other way I can up the bhp with my laptop connected?

Any help much appreciated.

M9G

You are in the wrong forum. ;) Check out http://www.fordmondeo.org/ (MEG)

Our (USDM) SCT X-cal unit will not work with your European Unicode PCM. You want to look at the Superchips programmer made for unicode Fords like you mentioned. Our US software is not compatible.

You are in the wrong forum. ;) Check out http://www.fordmondeo.org/ (MEG)

Our (USDM) SCT X-cal unit will not work with your European Unicode PCM. You want to look at the Superchips programmer made for unicode Fords like you mentioned. Our US software is not compatible.

Hi

Yep i'm a member of MEG and not really after a superchips programmer as it is a preset handheld tool. What I am after is just some software that i can load onto my laptop and make the alterations myself or flash the chip.

The software I am after must be out there somewhere.

Regards

M9G

Last edited:
Back