• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ebay Headlights

Havent bought any of them but I have tried to find out by sending them a message what brand of light they are. They wont respond to me at all. I tried 3 diff times. For the price it is a good deal though

i've also beel looking to buy some new headlights, but from what ive heard its best to stay away from the depot ones.

how exactly can i found out if theyre depot?

yup... those are the ones that i got. i've had em for about three months so far. they're hightowered now and still look pretty brand new. i got nothing against em. i guess we'll have to see how they hold up through the winter though. that'll be the true test.

yup... those are the ones that i got. i've had em for about three months so far. they're hightowered now and still look pretty brand new. i got nothing against em. i guess we'll have to see how they hold up through the winter though. that'll be the true test.
What brand of lights are they?

Lights found on ebay will either be TYC which many members have said fit very well, b ut there have been a couple issues with fogging... or they will be Depo which are hit or miss on fitment.

Cant beat OEM....

Lights found on ebay will either be TYC which many members have said fit very well, b ut there have been a couple issues with fogging... or they will be Depo which are hit or miss on fitment.

Cant beat OEM....
get me some oem's hightower them for me and i'll pay you!

Start with Steve at Tousley Ford at 800-952-3228. You'll get a terrific price on Ford headlights that will beat most prices for the TYC Generas from Taiwan, which aren't even in the same zip code as the Fords in terms of quality. It's a win-win.

With FoMoCo, all systems are go. :cool:

Ford headlight price

Ford headlight price

I need a new headlight (truck threw a rock at one of mine the other day). I just called my local dealer, and they quote a price of $98.66 for the headlight assembly for a 98-00 'tour. For the sake of a few bucks, OEM seems like a much better plan that the iffy stuff from ebay. My two cents (Canadian).

That's even less than the $220 a pair offered on the Team Ford website.

ford headlight price II

ford headlight price II

So, after getting the $98 quote for a headlight assembly from my usual Ford people, I called another Ford dealer here in Ottawa, and they quote me $128 and change for the same part! $30 difference between two dealers. Geez.

Lesson: shop around, even with dealers. I had no idea.

Yea my local Ford dealer quoted me at $178 each. I said screw that.

So, after getting the $98 quote for a headlight assembly from my usual Ford people, I called another Ford dealer here in Ottawa, and they quote me $128 and change for the same part! $30 difference between two dealers. Geez.

Lesson: shop around, even with dealers. I had no idea.

I bought a pair of those last year to replace the hazed stockies... The fit is real close, but not OEM to be honest. The adjustments are a cheaper design and when I went to adjust them, the up/down on both stripped... I have pics of em in a thread I posted in the P&V section if you wanna get a look. They came in boxes with the name Eagle Eyes written on em...so I am guessing that is the brand.

I got a brand new pair of DEPO brand lights from certifit for 150 bucks just a heads up. they fit and look great. the recent pics of my car show them.

Back