• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

E1's damaged after mounting

they offered to have them refinished but i was doing it myself. so i asked for money to put in my pocket. :) cheaper for them.

I just had 8 new tires mounted on my 2 sets of E1s, thank God no damage to any wheel... However, reading this thread made me think of something. On both sets they mounted the weights on the inside of 2 wheels, but on the other two wheels they mounted them on both the inside and outside (so currently, my front wheels have no weights on the outside, but my rears have weights both in and out.)

Any ideas why they would do this???

I just had 8 new tires mounted on my 2 sets of E1s, thank God no damage to any wheel... However, reading this thread made me think of something. On both sets they mounted the weights on the inside of 2 wheels, but on the other two wheels they mounted them on both the inside and outside (so currently, my front wheels have no weights on the outside, but my rears have weights both in and out.)

they are dumb and felt like screwing with you. IDK, i asked for them on the inside.

thats a static balance. its what lazy tire techs use. its balanced, just not accurately.

and as for the e1's. its definitely not damaged from balancing. the part that holds the wheel firmly against the back of the machine has a rubber cone that prevents any scratches to the outside of the wheel. the area around the centercap isnt touched at all.

Back