• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dzus Fasteners

lol, was just going to post that. I got that info from buckshot.

they do not come with rivets. I picked some up at sears hardware and used my fathers pop rivet tool to install.

I have no rivets on mine. Haven't had any issues with them. That's all I'm using btw, just a fastener on each side without the brackets underneath

So basically you hold the spring in place with your hand and plunge the fastner on to it?

So your not using the reinforcement plate either? They do make small grommets to save your paint BTW. They are no larger then the fastener head. I understand if you dont like the looks of the plate.

I asked about the rivets because to seems like you dont really need to. I think Im going to use rivets. The Mirko will be on and off, it will make it less clumsy. What's more holes in the ol T-Green.

no I didn't use any reinformcment plates. I did rivet that spring and fastener onto the bumper and or mirko. no messing around, just comes right on and off.

no I didn't use any reinformcment plates. I did rivet that spring and fastener onto the bumper and or mirko. no messing around, just comes right on and off.

Could you post a few pics of your setup, on, off and hardware? :cool:

Evan, I don't use that bracket that goes under the front of the car either. You really don't need it and it's a bit of a PITA to take off.
I used two dzus fasteners on each side of the bumper/Mirko. I wanted to make sure it stayed on, but one on each side works fine though.
I have the "tool" to push the fasteners in, Summit sells it. I have also used a regular screw driver, it works just as well.

Thanks Christine, took me a little to figure out who responded.:crazy: All these changes are going to take a bit to get used to.

Here are a few picts for you:
Splitter:
Fasteners.jpg

Bumper: Sorry that it's blurry but you get the idea.
bumper.jpg

On the car:
LUCAengine.jpg

Back