• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dynoed the 3L

wow

wow

those #'s are very dissapointing, i hope ur able to figure it out tuning wise and not a growing problem with the motor.. almost seems better to keep the svt motor

UPDATED WITH GRAPH!

UPDATED WITH GRAPH!

untitled.jpg

You can clearly see the secondaries opening at 3500rpm. but then there is a dip from 4500-5500 and begins to climb again. I beleive this is where my problem is. Now how can we diagnose this?

You can clearly see the secondaries opening at 3500rpm. but then there is a dip from 4500-5500 and begins to climb again. I beleive this is where my problem is. Now how can we diagnose this?

Ish that is one ugly power curve. It should be much smoother than that and it definitely shouldn't be dipping around 4500 rpms! I'd first start with having it tuned and see if that smooths it out at all.

No CEL's at the time of the dyno?

No CELS at the time of dyno and no CELS now. Im thinking it may be a spark issue. my FMS wires are a little old and I may need to change plugs soon. Would that make a difference? Hows the A/F?

I had very similar #'s w/ mine & very similar mods let me post up my dyno sheet & I'll let you guys look at it. The only real difference is I have weapon R's & true duals.

Me on there
dynomeet_20.jpg

dynomeet_17.jpg

Vid

Chart
dynochart01.jpg

My A/F was really jacked up since the 3L. But w/ all I had done I figured I'd break the 200fwhp mark. Mine BTW is an 03 Taurus engine matched to the SVT upper & lower W/ SVT cams. The #L Heads were PnP by Kinger Along w/ ST 220 Valve springs. Clevite rods & mains TH trans w/ Torsen blah, blah, blah!

I can see a slight dip where the secondaries open but other that that my curve looks ok other that it not going high enough.

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to come in & hijack your thread either I just thought it was odd that you were at 194/176 & I was at 196/176. we also have similar mods & all so If you figure it out I'll be interested to know as well. I personally think that it has alot to do w/ tuning. The guy that did mine made it perfectly clear that he was afraid to push the envelope on a contour. I've been saving for a nautilus kit but I'd really like to get it tuned right first to see what type of n/a #'s it puts down before going FI. Mine definately feels stronger than 196/176, BTW.

dynochart01.jpg

untitled.jpg

I do see a slight bump in mine after 5K to about 5.6K, not anywhere as bad as yours appears. Maybe Tom can come in & give his opinion.

Last edited:
its all good man. yea my car def feels faster aswell. Id like to tune mine aswell and see whats going on with the lost hp

Ish that is one ugly power curve. It should be much smoother than that and it definitely shouldn't be dipping around 4500 rpms! I'd first start with having it tuned and see if that smooths it out at all.

No CEL's at the time of the dyno?

My un-tuned 3L has a better curve then that! Somthing definatly needs to change -

Back