• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dyno'd my 5.0 Cobra today

ScottyDsntKnow

Veteran CEG'er
301rwhp/325rwtq

dyno.jpg

Car is a 1995 Cobra SVT #3914 of 4005.

Mods:

-Rebuilt shortblock
-KB116 Dome pistons
-Edelbrock Performer RPM heads
-Tom Moss ported Cobra intake
-Comp XE270HR-112 cam
-Comp 1.7 rockers
-Longtubes
-Dynomax Ultraflows
-Pullies
-CAI
-70mm TB/75mm MAF
-HI-6 Ignition

Drivetrain is a Tremec 3550 racing trans, King Cobra clutch, tri-ax shifter, aluminum driveshaft and 3.73s out back.

Dyno and custom chip done at Radical Racing in Atco, NJ by Craig Radovich. Overall I'm very happy with how this turned out. Should be good for mid-low 12s easy with slicks and some more weight savings. I'll put a shot of juice on it over the next winter and then shoot for 11s.

Not bad at all man. I think my old 94 Cobra hit 265hp/288tq basically stock (and 90k miles).

That is it? I thought they put out better numbers than that. :shocked:

well the 94 cobra was only supposed to have 240 BHP from the motor, the GT of that same year only had 215 Hp with 280 torque. So I would say his numbers are amazing.

They were very well known to be underrated. ;)

very nice numbers. for the mod list it does seem like the numbers would be higher, but i'm sure its a hell of a blast to drive.

Gah, I forgot I posted here. Well my camera died while filming the final pull so I basically have nothing from the damn dyno session. Argh... But yeah the car is a blast to drive. Remember, 301 WHP is about 355fwhp going with a 15% drivetrain loss which is DAMN good for a 302ci motor IMO.

And yeah it is a blast to drive. I have 295/35/18 tires out back and they hook like CRAZY so I just punch it from first and get a nice push back into my seat as she takes off.

PICT0011-3-2.jpg

Once I get the lowering kit installed and an alignment done I'll get some more pics but it looks a little silly with a big wheel gap up front right now lol.

Remember, 301 WHP is about 355fwhp going with a 15% drivetrain loss which is DAMN good for a 302ci motor IMO.

Well :censored::censored::censored::censored:, why didn't you tell us you got one of those fwd Mustangs. Those :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:es are super rare! What are you like a bazillionaire or something?

Nice results, didn't notice this before.
the term generally used for flywheel HP is brake HP, BHP. you then have FWHP, Front wheel HP, and RWHP, Rear wheel HP.
Uhh, not in my head.
FWHP= flywheel
RWHP= rear wheels
WHP = wheel HP (for silly FWD guys that turn the wrong tires :laugh:)
-J

Nice results, didn't notice this before.

Uhh, not in my head.
FWHP= flywheel
RWHP= rear wheels
WHP = wheel HP (for silly FWD guys that turn the wrong tires :laugh:)
-J
not to be blunt, but your wrong. even a quick google search for FWHP shows that, when referring to HP, it stands for Front Wheel HP. WHP is just a generic term used to indicate the HP at the drive wheels, whether its front, rear, or AWD, and sometimes refered to as Effective HP (EHP). BHP refers to the crankshaft HP, and technically isnt supposed to include any accesories.

Well for someone who is used to talking about hp in rwd terms, fwhp has always meant flywheel hp.

So ANYWAYS, my car makes about 355hp at the flywheel and 301 at the rear wheels and is fun as hell to drive lol.

not to be blunt, but your wrong. even a quick google search for FWHP shows that, when referring to HP, it stands for Front Wheel HP. WHP is just a generic term used to indicate the HP at the drive wheels, whether its front, rear, or AWD, and sometimes refered to as Effective HP (EHP). BHP refers to the crankshaft HP, and technically isnt supposed to include any accesories.
Thanks for the wiki search :rolleyes:, I stand by what I said and like I started with, that's just what I use. And I most commonly see FWD guys say whp :shrug:
Scotty, you should make easy mid-12s with traction, fun street car I'd bet.
-J

Back