• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dyno'd my 3L

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
Just kidding :)
I did find my dyno from SZ '05 and I nearly pooped. What horrible numbers.....
HP - 137
TQ - 138
Mods - svt duals, svt Y pipe, cone intake, accell yellow wires
CAR - 1995 SE 2.5L, MTX, stock everything, 190,000 miles, and I had the 55 lb chrome wheels/tires
3Lbuild009.jpg

3Lbuild010.jpg

3Lbuild011.jpg

Holy :censored::censored::censored::censored:, my Zetec almost made those numbers with 230K miles on it. im sure i could have with headers and a tune.

its going to feel completly different once you get the 3L in.

Holy :censored::censored::censored::censored:, my Zetec almost made those numbers with 230K miles on it. im sure i could have with headers and a tune.

its going to feel completly different once you get the 3L in.
You lie!:blackeye::laugh:

Joe, you brought back some memories. That is the same year I put down 160/140...sold it late that year.:cry:

Oooh, I'd forgotten about the Eggplant car. What a weird and unique combination of pre- and post-98 parts and accessories, I like it. It definitely deserves to have the power to back up its looks, I think this may be one of the flagship cars on CEG once that new engine is installed and built up.

Oooh, I'd forgotten about the Eggplant car. What a weird and unique combination of pre- and post-98 parts and accessories, I like it. It definitely deserves to have the power to back up its looks, I think this may be one of the flagship cars on CEG once that new engine is installed and built up.

Did I ever tell you I love you :laugh: In a manly kinda way, no flaming stuff.....

so,really all you had was svt catback,did you have the cat too? the ypipe is the same on all the duratecs nice look hp line though.

I did think the HP line was nice and smooth suprizingly. The car always felt quick and I have taken more than a few SVTs on the strip with those HP/TQ #s too. I was suprized that the numbers seemed so low, but again the motor was old and tired.

That's a "10-4" on the SVT cat back with the cat. Only real motor mods at the time. This 3L is going to knock my socks off. It will be really race car-ish with all the mounts filled with 94A urethane, MSDS headers/y pipes, built trans, big brake kits, and 3L power.

The entire car is brand new now
-interior
-paint
-suspension
-motor
-trans
-exhaust
-brakes

:crazy:

Damn you guys.... you really make me feel good about my build. Every helpful or upbeat comment really motivates me. Thank you, I couldn't have done it without CEG.

I really did dyno it!

No sheet scans yet but here are the numbers:

190 HP
193 TQ

they didnt do AF there

heres my chart. once i fix this vacuum leak and get those 50lb wheels off of there, i should hopefully reach the 200 mark.

001.jpg

I was told he could - I talked to him after I had already went. I was more concerned about making it on the trailer and totally forgot to ask him :nonono:.

note the torque on that split port setup! that's a strong running car lol.

i can tell you what your afr was by looking at that sheet. 12.2:1

rich=torque!

Wow, seans chart looks nothing like mine and it is also a ported 3L :confused:. Mostly where the secondaries open up and before that.....

Back