• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dyno tuning in the Southeast

There is Amazon Tuning in SC not far off 85. They do alot of work on Cobra's and Lightning's.

I would let Amazon tune my lawnmower and I hate to mow. They tried tuning my Cobra several years ago and it ran like crap. People seem to worship the ground they walk on over on SVT Performance but that's because they're a sponsor there. Better look elsewhere.

Bob Kurgan knows his way around SCT, and Eric Brooks knows it very well too. Eric currently tunes my Cobra, and just finished fully remote tuning my friend's Mustang GT with a motor swap in it. I'm not sure if Eric can get the tuners or not and I'm honestly not sure what he would charge to dyno tune it. I only know what his remote tunes run but they're worth every penny ;)

Either Eric or Bob would be able to take care of your car and have the driveability like a stock one.

Shannon

I've heard alot about Amazon, lot of bad reviews and alot of good reviews. Was thinking of taking my L up to them and have them tune it but after another bad review i think ill just steer clear. Thanks Shannon

I've heard alot about Amazon, lot of bad reviews and alot of good reviews. Was thinking of taking my L up to them and have them tune it but after another bad review i think ill just steer clear. Thanks Shannon

I don't mean to sound like a "hater" more or less but I was giving my opinion based on experience. I've been in your situation and seen the good with the bad... at the time I had my tune done by them I had read more good than bad. Nowadays it seems to be the other way around.

If you're in Georgia Eric or Bob would be close and either would do a good job on your Lightning. I haven't ever had anything tuned by Bob but have read enough by others about him that he knows what he's doing. I'm biased about using Eric as I said he's done my car, but a very good friend of mine took my advice and had him remote tune his GT with a built 2 valve motor swap and he got that tune right on the money from 300 + miles away. I'd consider that knowing the software and tuning with it pretty good if you can just tell him what mods the motor has and a few datalogs later the motor is idling and running well. My friend's car wasn't a typical "cookie cutter combo" either as it had a set of Trick Flow heads and an aftermarket set of cams.

Hope this helps you out some more in making a decision... let me know if there's anything else you would like to know ;)

Shannon

With Cobra's and L's there are a few places that are easily able to do a mail order tune and it be right on the money. With the Contours its not often or was it ever often to hear of a spot on mail order tune. TBH, when i get time/money to put my csvt on a dyno i may take it up to amazon just to get a baseline but there is also Kurgen's which is closer and seems to be more reputable.

Finding a good dyno tuning company/tuner isnt exactly easy, youll always find the good and bad reviews, best thing to do would search local car forums or even different make and model car forums. A dyno is a dyno and a good tuner is a good tuner.

Btw, Killroy, whose Eric and Bob? I'm not up to speed..

John you should bring the l and the contour to moes up here in dallas ga. He is really good with all fords. He specializes in mustangs but can do l's and svt's. Look them up.....I'm going to take my svt up there if I keep it.

With Cobra's and L's there are a few places that are easily able to do a mail order tune and it be right on the money. With the Contours its not often or was it ever often to hear of a spot on mail order tune. TBH, when i get time/money to put my csvt on a dyno i may take it up to amazon just to get a baseline but there is also Kurgen's which is closer and seems to be more reputable.

It may be labeled a "mail order" tune but in reality its far from it. Its more like a dyno tune without the dyno, that is if you are talking to a capable tuner. If you have a wideband in the car and can log it and certain other parameters then a competent tuner should be able to get it right.

Finding a good dyno tuning company/tuner isnt exactly easy, youll always find the good and bad reviews, best thing to do would search local car forums or even different make and model car forums. A dyno is a dyno and a good tuner is a good tuner.

Btw, Killroy, whose Eric and Bob? I'm not up to speed..

Good tuners are out there, they're fewer and far between though. Keep in mind there's a difference between a tuner and a "tooner." There are a 100 tooners for every one tuner out there.

Bob is Bob Kurgan... I'm sure you know who he is as you mentioned him above. Eric is Eric Brooks... he owns/operates Brooksspeed Custom Tuning and is the owner/administrator of Modular Fords. Eric is in Tifton, GA and Bob is close to the Atlanta area I believe. Both of them I would consider "tuners" and either one of them should be close enough for the drive as you are in Georgia yourself. Both of them have tuned cars that make over 1000 to the tires... I don't think a blown Contour would be out of their realm of tuning abilities.

Shannon

Ah, thought you meant bob and eric as together seperate i understand now.

There is a very big difference between the tooners and tuners. Hell the only thing holding me back from getting tuned for the L and csvt is $$$. The csvt im not even sure if im keeping it S/C..

So as to not highjack this thread completely...

http://www.brooksspeed.com

Try Wayne Pressley in Enterprise AL. He does a lot of tuning for the Factory Five Cobra guys. His personal car is a twin Turbo Terminator, yes twin turbos through the supercharger. Im considering trailering mine down there from Chattanooga to get it tuned. Www.verycoolparts.com

Back