• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dyno tuning in the Southeast

rexxdoggy

Hard-core CEG'er
Well, I'm finally popping the question that I should've asked and taken care of a long ass time ago. I don't really want to take the car to a shop that never messed around with an SVTC, and the shops that do SCT around here, I've heard good and bad. Anyways, for those in Florida and Georgia, and shoot, maybe Alabama, who have all gotten dyno tuned and are very happy with their results, where did you go, and how was your experience? How much was the charge with/without any kind of SCT package deal (Buying the livewire or xcal on the spot)? How long did the session take and did they run into any problems? I do not mind the drive if the car will be in good hands. It will be tuning for a full 3L if it matters.

Just curious, what about the place where turbotour had his dyno done at? Somebody said it was in orlando.

Mikey if your gonna drive that far why not take it to Joey? There is also a place close to my house called Moe's that does dyno tuning. He told me like $300 to fine tune mine. That is without a tuner though.

Brian, but isn't he like, super way up north? I was thinking like, about 6, 7ish hour drive if I have to. Where did OB1 get his 217whp one done, do you know?

Edit:
Houma, Louisiana. They're A LOT closer than I thought.

Mine was dyno tuned by a guy named Doug his company was called Bamachips he was in Jasper AL but it was 06 when i got on his dyno and i haven't been able to find him since. There are a couple of places around here that my brother has mentioned but I don't see why you couldn't find a reputable place in FL. SCT has a website/forum, you could get on there since you will be using their software and see who makes you an offer since the tuners frequent those forums.

The closest shop wants 800 minimum with buying the tune and handheld as a package. That's why I'm kinda asking around. lol And I've never heard of him doing anything SCT, so I don't know how he is with it. My friend went to get tuned there, and he had a bad experience with him, he told me. I've heard some other stories, too, which made me not want to go there, really.

Hit the SCT forums, that's probably the best option. I haven't been on there in years but i'm pretty sure they are still running.

There is Amazon Tuning in SC not far off 85. They do alot of work on Cobra's and Lightning's. http://www.amazonracing.com/
Team Marietta Ford i believe is the name in ATL that has tuned some L's and Cobra's and i think a few CSVT's.
Couple of tuning shops in BFE SW GA that i dont know the names just heard of them id have to go back and find them on the other forums.

That is where SicSE worked. I haven't seen him post in a while but they had an awesome shop with 3 dyno bays in it as well.

Wait a minute you mean a dealer actually does performance tuning? If this is the same place I am thinking about it's only about 2 miles down the road from my work. Unless this is a shop....because I have a dealership thats named team ford Marietta right down the street.

Back