• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

DRL odd thing

royalblue

In time out with LUCA
Yesterday I was changing all my head lights with 5dolla 9005 silverstars from wally world Yes I put 9005's in the low beam also;) Any way after changing them all the driver side high didn't work :mad: kind like when I tried a generic relay instead of the ford relay .Turns out all I had to do was unplug and replug the relay for whatever reason:shrug:

yes, if the relay is not in place and the jumper bar is not being used one of the highbeams will not light. I believe its the drivers side as you have noted.

but that 's the thing the relay was in place all I did was replace all my headlights

but that 's the thing the relay was in place all I did was replace all my headlights

"In place" is such a subjective phrase. Removing and re-installing it may have broken up some corrosion, re-seated it correctly, or just scared away the gremlins. I've had an ABS light come on because of a loose swaybar end-link, stuff happens. Just be glad that it works :D

~Mike~

Yesterday I was changing all my head lights with 5dolla 9005 silverstars from wally world Yes I put 9005's in the low beam also;) Any way after changing them all the driver side high didn't work :mad: kind like when I tried a generic relay instead of the ford relay .Turns out all I had to do was unplug and replug the relay for whatever reason:shrug:

so from trying this today the DRL mod and i failed with an auto zone relay.... but from finding your old post in threads like this one :
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showt...9-SE-Contour&highlight=daytime+driving+lights
I am now thinking that I need a ford relay ? anyway if you get the correct # relay, let me know .. i got the 1 high beam out when i tried to remove the jumper and throw in the auto zone relay. so i put it all back to normal with the jumper and all is good. Any info on that relay would be nice.. i have a habit of turning my lights on in the day time in the CSVTanyway so DRL's would be nice.

You NEED the Ford relay for sure check the classifieds they come up for sale sometimes
To the others all was working before I changed all my bulbs I just needed to reset the relay for what ever reason that's all :shrug: I Am glad they work:cool:

Back