• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

driver side axle install, stuck need help

Ares

Veteran CEG'er
Hey guys, looking for a little help or any tips for getting the drivers side axle back in the svt. I can get it in up to a certain point and no more. I'm guessing its meeting resisitance at the point just before where the c clip fits into its groove. Is there a tool or a technique used to get it past that lip and all the way in. Thanks for any input.

Finally.....Got it! It ended up going in after a friend of mine suggested I raise the passenger side wheel up off the ground too. And then have someone rotate the wheel as I "tap" it with the mallet. After a couple good taps and turns, it went right in.

Finally.....Got it! It ended up going in after a friend of mine suggested I raise the passenger side wheel up off the ground too. And then have someone rotate the wheel as I "tap" it with the mallet. After a couple good taps and turns, it went right in.

I took my 4lb dead blow, the old axle but, threaded it onto the end, and beat the hell out of the but with the dead blow until it went in. then removed old but and put the suspension back together with the shaft.

Back