• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Drive set for 27 Feb, as benefit for a fellow auto enthusiast

Rodewaryer

CEG'er
If you’ve been itching for a drive, it happens that there’s one scheduled on the 27th of Feb, in the vicinity of Prescott, running about half a day and ending up back in Prescott. There will be a requested ‘donation’ as a voluntary entry fee for this drive and it will go to the family of a fellow auto enthusiast Cory Herbert, local to Prescott who was recently killed in an incident at Glamis while off roading. For fear of anyone on the wrong side of the law (the god complexes carrying badges that is) I will not fully disclose the route and time unless members PM me. You may think I’m being overly cautious but the word leaked out not long ago regarding another car clubs drive in that same area and the Sheriffs dept were staked out and laying in wait for them, ruining an otherwise perfectly good day for an entire group. Drop me a PM if you plan to attend and I’ll provide the details.

It was looking a bit dicey with the weather but the reports have Saturday looking better and the rain now expected sunday. I wasn't sure I was going to make it but it looks like it's a go now. Putting the Corsa's on the Focus tonight...... :)

The roads chosen are a blast and Prescott actually has quite a base of enthusiast cars, especially on the high end since so many loaded retirees live there. I'm not privy to the expected attendance but hope some really sweet stuff shows up.

Well, we didn't have many, but we had enough and we all had a blast.

nfsrunfeb1010c.jpg

nfsrunfeb1010e.jpg

Anyone from the southwest will recognize the road going up the mountain in the background, pure fun.

nfsrunfeb1010f.jpg

nfsrunfeb1010n.jpg

Back