• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

drag radials?

You got money. Call that company i linked see if they can make some invincible axles for you. :laugh:

What you consider me having money isnt money to blow on the car. I am comfortable, but I dont just go throw money at the car anymore. I will use stockers from here on out and if one snapps, ohh well I will throw a new one in. Its not worth paying all that money for "stronger" axle's and then snap like my stage 2 did.

well i was just wondering if there was any possibility at all to keep up with my buddys srt-4 if he ever does any work to it. within the next few years i plan to have the 3l turbo and i know that will beat him stock but i want to be able to keep ahead if he gets any work done to his car. i guess the one guy who was working on the awd system for rally would be able to do better than that but i dont think thats what he is going for.

But not in the past 17 months,lol Just hit 1300 miles since I bought it:cool:

i want my car to reach that status man. i drive it too much. things are much more enjoyable when your in them all the time. when i had my SHO, and the SVT was just a weekend car, it was sooooo nice.

well i was just wondering if there was any possibility at all to keep up with my buddys srt-4 if he ever does any work to it. within the next few years i plan to have the 3l turbo and i know that will beat him stock but i want to be able to keep ahead if he gets any work done to his car. i guess the one guy who was working on the awd system for rally would be able to do better than that but i dont think thats what he is going for.

unfortunately you purchased the wrong car for drag racing. seriously though, 13's are fast (imho, obviously there are much faster cars) so that would be respectable in my opinion for a 4 door, dead platform car, that probably has less than 10k invested and doesnt look like crap (assuming your car doesnt look terrible). srt4's are fun and look ok, but im such a huge fan of the fact that the SVT looks good, isn't super flashy, and usually suprises a lot of people. if you get a 3L turbo, it will do all those things. You could always try racing your friend around a track, instead of just in the 1/4, the svt does pretty well there.

It's the joints themselves that usually break. I considered contacting this place before i ended up just ordering GCK's I don't have deep pockets
http://www.rcvperformance.com/spline.html

These guys build KILLER cv axles - this is the company I am going to purchase CV axles for my Dana 60 in the Bronco. I'd like to inquire about a set of shafts - anyone know where to get the detentions they would need to build a CV for a Contour?

They make CV axles for a D44 for around 1K, which is comparable in size to our Contour axles. I'd like to take my car down the track on some drag radials, willing to kill cv shafts trying to get a good time as well.

Where is everyone breaking the shafts? At the transmission where they spline in or is the cv joint flying apart? It seems like you could run some 4340 chromoly shafts into as big of a cv joint as you wanted as there is nothing in the way of running a bigger joint... The 4x4 world looks like it may have a solution here...

These guys build KILLER cv axles - this is the company I am going to purchase CV axles for my Dana 60 in the Bronco. I'd like to inquire about a set of shafts - anyone know where to get the detentions they would need to build a CV for a Contour?

They make CV axles for a D44 for around 1K, which is comparable in size to our Contour axles. I'd like to take my car down the track on some drag radials, willing to kill cv shafts trying to get a good time as well.

Where is everyone breaking the shafts? At the transmission where they spline in or is the cv joint flying apart? It seems like you could run some 4340 chromoly shafts into as big of a cv joint as you wanted as there is nothing in the way of running a bigger joint... The 4x4 world looks like it may have a solution here...
they usually shear at the splines where they go into the hubs.

Back