• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

drag radials?

CSVT2000

CEG'er
so just wondering if anyone has tried running drag radials for doing drag races to get better traction. my buddy says the fast srt-4s have to run drag slicks.

Yes but they would probably lead to a broken diff(stock) or broken axles(even stage 2 have been broken) ask Ryanblacksvt about some of his recent track experiences.

Yes, he does, and he ran a 13.5 N/A.

Never having been to the track, I'm not going to knock Ryan, but nobody seems to have more trouble at the track than him.

Yes but they would probably lead to a broken diff(stock) or broken axles(even stage 2 have been broken) ask Ryanblacksvt about some of his recent track experiences.

Yes, he does, and he ran a 13.5 N/A.

Never having been to the track, I'm not going to knock Ryan, but nobody seems to have more trouble at the track than him.

BOTH of these statements are correct. I need ALOT more practice in my car to get any kind of launching down pat, but I use street tires sometimes and drag radials sometimes, I broke a stage 2 axle on street tires not drag radials, so that should tell you something. You wanna race be prepared to fix broken things. And if you dont wanna be fixing axle's then go buy another car:laugh:

BOTH of these statements are correct. I need ALOT more practice in my car to get any kind of launching down pat, but I use street tires sometimes and drag radials sometimes, I broke a stage 2 axle on street tires not drag radials, so that should tell you something. You wanna race be prepared to fix broken things. And if you dont wanna be fixing axle's then go buy another car:laugh:

i had a dream that you left your car at my house in MN and for some odd reason i took it down to university and EVERYONE went nuts over it LOL. but it was boosting 20 psi and i was scared to blow it up so i took it home and got my car back out, which was boosted too. stupid dream lol

i had a dream that you left your car at my house in MN and for some odd reason i took it down to university and EVERYONE went nuts over it LOL. but it was boosting 20 psi and i was scared to blow it up so i took it home and got my car back out, which was boosted too. stupid dream lol

So you've been dreaming about Ryan, huh? :help:

I feel violated now:nonono:

Back