• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

drag and tires

RRT said he likes how the SRT-4 jumps with the BFG D/R's. Phil was asking how that makes them better than the Hoosiers. I've heard a few people say they like the Hoosier D/R's, but none of them are FWD.

Mark

Yeah, this is why i was confused. AFAIK, the closest you can get to a drag radial with Hoosier for a FWD platform is the autocross competition tire. :shrug:

Last edited:
Maybe a few of you people need to check out Hoosier Tire's site.
Yes, they have added an actual honest-to-god DRAG RADIAL, not an autocross tire, not a bias-ply RWD wrinkle-wall slick, in 225-50-16. (Check out page 10 of their on-line tire catalogue about DOT drag radials.)

How sad that's perfect for E0 and E1 rims.

And since it is a fairly new addition to their line up, you can expect there will NOT be recommendations from FWD guys that have used them for years.

No, I do NOT have a pair myself and I am not a salesman for Hoosier.

But good luck finding another mfr's DR that fits our 16" wheels.

Last edited:
it betar if you haf bean to skool befour, propar grhammar halp in lawng whey make point akross..
Yes they do IIRC.. 15" wheels dont fit over the Brakes.

Your worthless GTFO.

Back on topic.
Also go with 15's.It would be a cheaper tire then in 17's. Also less mass then you would have if you decide to go with 17's.

Plus 15 inch rims people would not turn heads to see the wheels. It will look like a sleeper

Back