• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

drag and tires

RRT_SVT

CEG'er
i want to buy drag radials for mi svt i want the bf drag radial wich size i need i have the 17s for daily drive i want to mount in the 16s stock svt rims
which size i need to buy?

215/60 r16?
205/55 r16?
???
???
???

any help apreciated thanks

i checked the site and no r16 are in bfgoodrich any brand or better brand for drag radial?
and mount in svt rims original r16?

Last edited:
it betar if you haf bean to skool befour, propar grhammar halp in lawng whey make point akross.

cut him some slack. As its been stated many times before, hes from mexico and english is not his primary language.

BFG does not make any drag radials in 16s. They do make them in 15s and 17s though. You could always buy some cheap 15s and mount a set of 225/50/15's on there.

Last edited:
cut him some slack. As its been stated many times before, hes from mexico and english is not his primary language.

BFG does not make any drag radials in 16s. They do make them in 15s and 17s though. You could always buy some cheap 15s and mount a set of 225/50/15's on there.

if i buy a 15s rims could be a contour normal rims? the brake clearance will right?

Tourige, get out of this thread.

I agree with beyondloaded get 15s and get 225/50 BFGs.

The drag radial market for FWD cars pretty much sucks. BFG and nitto are about the only companies that make drag radials in FWD sizes, and even then they're still a limited number of sizes (we could run a 235 or 245 with the right sidewall ratio) and the nittos suck.

Hoosier Tire came out with a 225-50-16 FWD drag radial tire within the past year. You DO have a choice to not just go with 15" or 17" BFGs.

I think Tourige is thinking of the aftermarket brakes for our cars. The aftermarket 4-piston calipers require at least a 16 (or maybe it was 17) wheel.

Hoosier Tire came out with a 225-50-16 FWD drag radial tire within the past year. You DO have a choice to not just go with 15" or 17" BFGs.

i want the bf drag radial i see the srt-4 of my friend with a set in 17s and i like the way the srt-4 jump in the drag,

Back