• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Domed emblem/ centercap Overlays

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkedcar

CEG'er
I just wanted to see what kind of interest there might be in resin domed overlays.
%5Cuploads%5CWhite-Collage.jpg

Doming will really make the overlays pop, and look much classier with a 3D clear glassy finish. Plus it protects the vinyl.
I'm looking at buying the kit, but wanted to make sure there is some interest.
I'm still unsure of what the pricing would be, because i'm not sure how much resin it would take to do the overlays. I'm still waiting to hear back from some companies. So what do you all think?

I am not 100% sure on the pricing but i'm thinking something like $22-$25 shipped for a front/rear set of 3 color emblem overlays. Standard non domed overlays are $13/set. Center cap overlays maybe $8-$10/each so $32-$40/set.
I'd also be able to make some other real nice pieces. Like Build Number badges that would look real nice on the trunk lid or interior somewhere.

Yeah, i was pretty much decided before i even posted here. I had looked at the kit at a sign expo a few years ago, but never thought about it for overlays, or such things. I'm just waiting on a few customers to pay, and i'll be ordering it.
I wont be able to mail them as fast as the others, because there is a 48 hour curing time before shipping. At least thats what they recommend. I think the stuff is fully dried after 1 day, but all the kits recommend 48 if they are being packaged and shipped.
I'll let you all know when all is ready.

Mike, this is exactly what I would want for my rims! It's perfect.:drool: What kind of backing would they have? Peel and stick or nothing? I assume they would be weatherproof? A small Ford oval for the steering wheel too or even a set to mount on the headrests.

Last edited:
Hey Tom, It would be perfect for your rims. Its exactly the same as my other overlays just with a clear resin dome applied over it. So it would be a peel and stick and very weatherproof. Actually it protects the vinyl from UV light, so the vinyl should never crack or fade. And the resin as a 10 year outdoor guarantee from yellowing or cracking as well.

hell yeah. i'll order center caps

and "FORD" overlays for the front/rear (if i decide to not go badgeless)

the steering wheel idea sounds cool. it'd have to be hella stick tho. i dont think theres much flat surface... i wouldn't want it peeling up anytime soon!

You could actually do custom fender badges too. Non SVT Contours got that style. Here is the metal style. Couldn't find the rubbery plastic style.

24v-ho%20badge.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back