• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Do you need the front bumper on to get inspected? (PA)

millertime86

CEG'er
My svt has been sitting for awhile, i figured getting it inspected would motivate me to fix it up. i currently have the front bumper off to fix it up and it wont be painted for a few weeks yet. can i still get it inspected? my friend didnt think so but theres still that solid bumper underneath so i wasnt sure.

thanks - miller

I think if you just have the 5mph bumper still mounted you should be ok....... Why don't you call the inspection station?

it takes all of maybe 10 minutes to install the bumper. just throw it on the car and go get the inspection done .....

and fyi, I have to pull my front bumper for an oil change. it isn't that hard at all ....

Yes you have to have a bumper for inspection....

i know what you mean Brapple. i used to have to do that too with my Tempo GLS...

Picture5025.jpg

Ummm... Why would you need to remove the bumper to change the oil? Ride height to low?

remote oil filter located above fog lamp on passanger side. don't want oil all over the fog lamp and bumper and it make is much easier to reach.

Just throw some wood in front of the ramps to get the car to step up a little bit. I do it with my BMW and SVT all the time. Of course it won't work with a Mirko on, but pulling the bumper seems like a waste of time, even though it is a simple job.

If you don't have the foglights on it, they may tell you to cover the opening for them. If you do have them on, make sure they work. PA is a pain in the ass with openings for lights and lights in general.

If you don't have the foglights on it, they may tell you to cover the opening for them. If you do have them on, make sure they work. PA is a pain in the ass with openings for lights and lights in general.
thanks man, ya theyre both out
it takes all of maybe 10 minutes to install the bumper. just throw it on the car and go get the inspection done .....

and fyi, I have to pull my front bumper for an oil change. it isn't that hard at all ....

ok ya i prolly will just do that, my car and bumper are at 2 different places and its in the middle of being prepped and stuff thats why i was wondering, ill just throw it on then, thanks guysssss!

In PA, if it came from factory it must be there. If the fog lights arent there it doesnt matter, but if you have the fog light lenses on they must work. No sharp edges, the edge of the bumper bracket is considered a sharp edge. No less than 2/32 for tire tread and braking material left. Ball joint and tierods must be within specification for play, window defroster must work,rear window defogger, seatbelts must latch, wipers must not streak, head lights must be aimed properly, car cannot pull one way or another, motor and trans mounts must be in good condition, no tears. all lights must work and be clearly visible. There is a bunch more, but I am not getting into it. Hope this helps. Dave

Back