• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

DIY poly fill roll restrictor

I dunno, I would get a pole120 filled one for that. I did this to mine cause it was in good condition anyways I juust wanted to make its stockness (lol) better.

As you can see, the pre-98 rear roll resisters are different in design than the post 98's. It is for this reason that i can't accept them as cores, because they can't be rebuilt. Your best bet is to source a newer style mount then either enjoy it in stock form, fill it, or have it filled.

Your best bet is to source a newer style mount then either enjoy it in stock form, fill it, or have it filled.

x 1000000000000000000000 I will have a svt core for you when I get this Ryan filled (I coined myseld,lol) mount installed if you need it.

As you can see, the pre-98 rear roll resisters are different in design than the post 98's. It is for this reason that i can't accept them as cores, because they can't be rebuilt. Your best bet is to source a newer style mount then either enjoy it in stock form, fill it, or have it filled.

So are the mounting holes for the post-98 the same as the pre-98 ones? Like could I go to a junk yard, get one off of say a '99, and then put it on my '95 with no problems?

So are the mounting holes for the post-98 the same as the pre-98 ones? Like could I go to a junk yard, get one off of say a '99, and then put it on my '95 with no problems?

Absolutely. Their design differences are only in their construction.

Which one do you need, cause after I install this filled one I did I will have 1 of each, front and back you can fill, or have Pole120 fill for you.

Different from post98's or different from pre98 Duratecs?
i know they are different from all duratecs but im not sure about post98 zetecs.

the pre98 zetec's front RR has 2 holes for the bolts to mount it to the subframe instead of the integrated studs like the duratec.

i know they are different from all Duratecs but im not sure about post98 zetecs.

nonononono

Here's the skinny. Understand I'm talking only MTX vehicles here.

Fronts: Doth Duratec and Zetec are the same, difference comes in years.

For example pre98 duratec = pre98 zetec, and post98 duratec = post98 zetec

Pre98, has holes for thru bolts
Post98, has two integrated studs.

Pre and post 98 are not interchangeable due to a change in the bolt spacing for mounting to the sub frame but all mount to the trans the same.

With a drill and some time you can make them interchangeable.

Rears: ALL REAR MOUNTS ARE IDENTICAL FOR MOUNTING

Pre98, insert is solid rubber and molded into the casting, cannot be removed.

Post98, insert is not integrated into the mount, but is a separate part installed into the casting, can be removed.

ok thanks for clearing that up josh. i was just going based on our issues when i got mounts from you.

Back