• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Discountbrakes.com

LocoLobo

CEG'er
ok, i bought a caliper rebuild kit from them and it was supposed to have boots and seals for both calipers... well i didn't and after several weeks i still haven't heard anything back from my email i sent them so i sent another and i got a form to fill out to return the items. they were the only place i could find a rebuild/repair kit for our rear calipers so i was stoked when found them, now i'm pissed because of the lack of service.

point i'm trying to make is don't purchase from them unless you know exactly what you're getting

So wait, they didn't respond to the first email for whatever reason so you waited weeks without trying to get in contact again? Tell me you called the 1-888 number they have posted in large red font at the top of their website. Then someone does respond to your email and you're angry that you are going to be able to return the parts for a refund? I mean this is what it sounds like.

Realize that oftentimes, emails get lost in the shuffle and the very best way to resolve a return if you don't hear back in 48 business hours via email is just to call call call.

I knew you couldn't get those seals! crazy that they even advertise that they have them. Sorry to hear it really. I could have used those kits for full rebuilds when I do my coating work..... I hope you get it figured out.

i called the 1888 number first, and they were supposed to reply within 48hrs, and they didn't so i emailed them... and emailed them... and after the second email i finally got a response telling me they would look into it. well after nothing ever happened i emailed them again, slightly more pissed with this email and they responded by telling me to ship the parts back and they would charge me a restocking fee and i had to pay for the shipping to send it back also. they had plenty of chances to get the issue straightened out.

and it was the right part, just half of what they said it was going to be... so as long as you only expect to get half of your purchase you're fine... but they make it seem like you get enough parts for two rear calipers or two front calipers.

So looking at their site the picture shows two seals and two rings but the package you got only had one seal and one ring?

Ok, so get the other set you need. I thought you were saying they didn't send you anything...... Whenever you go to auto parts stores for a brake caliper rebuild kit, it is for only one side though they are advertized for two. I have to buy two $30 seal kits for BAER / COBRA brake rebuilds.

Yeah thats pretty standard and I'm sorry it rubbed you the wrong way. Pictures can be misleading though which is why they slap the disclaimer on there.

Back