• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Disabling the Headlight flash on lock

98Mystique2

CEG'er
I'm wondering if there's a way to either disable the headlight flash on lock (when the horn beeps and taillights flash as well)

I've got HID's and know it's bad for them to try and strike the lamp while it hasn't crystallized like right after using the headlights...

So i want to be able to know i've locked the doors when i leave the car but i don't wanna stress out the bulbs/ballasts...

Is there any way to move the light flash to the corner indicators or high beams? Or just disable the flash all together?

I normally just listen for the door locks .....

otherwise get a wiring diagram and cut the wire that feeds the headlights from the RKE module.

its actually just a relay you can pull under the passenger side of the dash. the corner lights will still flash and the horn will honk but the headlights will not flash.

Its called the Panic Alarm Headlamp relay. under the passenger side of the dash there is 2 relays (both for the alarm) on a small bracket, one of them is for the headlights and the other is for the stop lights.

its actually just a relay you can pull under the passenger side of the dash. the corner lights will still flash and the horn will honk but the headlights will not flash.

I didn't think that the corner lights flashed .... but mine do because of the alarm that I added to the cars.

pretty sure mine did on the 2000, but i never really payed close attention to it as i always just listened for the horn.

Back