• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

dinner for fall meet

BrApple

No Life But CEG
would people rather eat in Enfield or Old Saybrook both places are about the same in price

difference an hour drive back to enfield to eat or a few minute drive

Both! :)

According to your itinerary, dinner in Old Saybrook would be ~3PM or ~3:30, whereas dinner in Enfield would be later like ~5PM. I'd rather do a lunch before or on the steamtrain, and be full until around 5PM for dinner.

So I'm game for either place (wherever the food is better ;) ) but would rather eat lunch and then dinner later. If that's possible or planned.

in my planning I left an hour to get tickets and lunch at the steamtrain before the ride begins. so between 11:30 and 12:30 - there is a good deli a few minutes away, or fast food is alittle further, or there is a track side snack stand ... also there is no eating on the train and the riverboat has a snack bar w/alcohol

after the train we could drive around the shore alittle then get dinner ...

two choices:

Silvias, in enfield, home cooked food, all fresh, very good (Silvis has cooked at the White House before)

Dock and Dine, in old saybrook, on the water, I have not been there but my friend in the area has and said the food was good

so those where my pics because some people said they didn't want to eat at a chain ...prices should be around $20 a person at either place

Last edited:
:eek: I'm such a pain. :eek:

I like the idea of driving around the shore area after the train/boat ride for some picture opportunities and whatnot. :)

there maybe one spot for pics but it isn't that scenic ... there is a state park near by but I believe it cost about $5 to get in ...

well I am asking partly because Jess want to come with me but needs to work at 5, so she would need to head back right after the trin/boat, so I want to see what people want to do so I know if she has to drive down also or I ride down with her in her car and catch a ride back with someone else ...

also if people feel that around $20 per person is to much there is just about everything that you can think of in Enfield

Last edited:
It'd be nice if more people piped in with some input, but I guess they're good kids and not sitting on ceg all day like me. heh

I guess the dinner part doesn't really matter to me. My trip home afterward is going to be long no matter what we end up doing. And if price is a big factor to people, then I don't want to be a prick about the dinner thing. I'll just go with the flow.

I'm on "vacation" so I'm just bumming around the apartment today (woke up at 1pm woot).

If Jess needs to get back then we can definitely do the place in Enfield. From what you say it sounds delicious too.

I'm on "vacation" so I'm just bumming around the apartment today (woke up at 1pm woot).

If Jess needs to get back then we can definitely do the place in Enfield. From what you say it sounds delicious too.

well she is still deciding if she wants to go ... we can work that and I don't want to have to change the plans on everyone else just to get her back here on time ...

but your right the place in Enfield is really good ... but just looking at the menu for sunday is reserved for private parties so we may not be able to go there ... crap ...

well there are other places around Enfield that we can go, I know of a decent place over by the airport, and the colors are great over there ...

Back