• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ding guard removal?

Mywhip

Hard-core CEG'er
I started to remove some of the badges and ding guards, but ran into a huge problem. The glue underneath it is not giving in, even with goo gone. Is there anything else i can use that will clearly remove it without harming the paint?

A blow dryer will soften the glue then use 15+lb test fishing line to cut into the glue. A thick pair of gloves and the blow dryer should be able to remove the excess by rubbing it off. There is a how to floating around here somewhere. search knauberize a procedure named after the first person on these boards to do this, Robert Knauber.

go to your local paint shop and get an eraser wheel, attaches to your drill and takes this stuff off like its nothin.

how much are they and are there different sizes?

Would that take off the faded white stripes that are on the sides of my car or no?

how much are they and are there different sizes?

Would that take off the faded white stripes that are on the sides of my car or no?
are the faded stripes clear coat or left over adhesive? adhesive yes, clear no.

they're cheap, 5 maybe 10 bucks.

The stripes that i was referring to in the specific post, is the dual paint stripes that run down the side of the car..my contour had them, they were white. Every car i see that has them is in their 90's and is white.

and ok.

Back