• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

did everyone

I'm off in a half hour then changing my cerpentine belt, coolent flush, and then maybe if i have time to switch out my fuel rail with the one blackcoog built me.

I'm gonna be out in brooklyn park tonight, anybody else going out that direction?

Just got home from my 50mile trek from Chanhassen(work). Picked up new front pads and rotors for my sons 03 focus. Thinking about wet sanding/polishing my headlights tonight. Im loving this MTX on the contour. Gonna swap the seats and exhaust from my Mystique over to the tour tommorrow evening. To many cars......

I'm off in a half hour then changing my cerpentine belt, coolent flush, and then maybe if i have time to switch out my fuel rail with the one blackcoog built me.

I'm gonna be out in brooklyn park tonight, anybody else going out that direction?

Damn I wish I had that kind of knowledge about my car. I've been having some problems and labor costs are killin me :blackeye:

Damn I wish I had that kind of knowledge about my car. I've been having some problems and labor costs are killin me :blackeye:
I'll tell ya right now, a Haines manual is an excellent place to start learning how to do stuff on your car.. They basically tell you how to take the whole car apart and put it back together... Best twenty five bucks you'll spend.

Sadly this must be what happens when your whipped..:nonono:
You should be spendin time with your car:laugh: :laugh: :crazy:

We just go out to my dads to pick them. She was the one picked about 98% of them anywhos. :) I just stayed in the house and talked to my dad, and debating when i want to change the gas tanks on the trucks. (looks like a huge PITA).

New gas tank?:confused:

yeah. Truck, for being a 79, doesn't have any rust on it except for INSIDE the gas tank. And that has been causeing us tons of headaches. First, we rebuilt the carburator. Truck ran great for about 5 miles. Then it sucked. Second, we changed out the fuel pump. Once again, ran great for about 5 miles then sucked. Very small rust particles from the gas tanks are clogging everything up so it doesn't get enough gas. 7.5L engines like gas. :)

yeah. Truck, for being a 79, doesn't have any rust on it except for INSIDE the gas tank. And that has been causeing us tons of headaches. First, we rebuilt the carburator. Truck ran great for about 5 miles. Then it sucked. Second, we changed out the fuel pump. Once again, ran great for about 5 miles then sucked. Very small rust particles from the gas tanks are clogging everything up so it doesn't get enough gas. 7.5L engines like gas. :)
Hmmm sounds like a nice truck.... Yeah 7.5L engines do tend to have that problem:crazy:

Back