• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

dent

millertime86

CEG'er
i have a long dent where my drunk friend scraped up against my car when he was moving his. i dont know how but he didnt scratch the paint, theres just like a foot long dent there, its probably about half an inch deep, pretty noticable. does anyone know any tricks to getting something like that out? or should i just fill it in, sand and repaint?

Paintless Dent Removal -- they can massage it from behind (if they can get to it).

If you're anywhere near Orange County, California, I'd go to Beach Cities Paintless Dent Repair (http://www.beachcitiespdr.com/) in Huntington Beach, or at least visit their website for a backgrounder on this type of service. These guys really know what they're doing and come highly recommended.

thats a pretty far drive for me in PA hehe, can any garages do this? the dent is on my door, would they have to take the panels and stuff off?

They drill access holes if need-be and use long tools to massage the metal from behind.

It's a specialized thing... an art, if you will... it's only as good as the guy doing it, but there's certainly someone close by.

Check your local detail shops or specialty shops or gearhead venues... ask around... it's a fairly common service nowadays, but get trusted referrals.

They drill access holes if need-be and use long tools to massage the metal from behind.

It's a specialized thing... an art, if you will... it's only as good as the guy doing it, but there's certainly someone close by.

Check your local detail shops or specialty shops or gearhead venues... ask around... it's a fairly common service nowadays, but get trusted referrals.

how much does something like that cost? sounds expensive, its not like i have a nice SVT, its a 95 lx with 130k miles, i told my friend not to worry about it, but i want it fixed. if i fill it in, sand, primer and paint, think it would look just as good?

take thje panel off and pop it out with your hand. if you are not that worried about it.. it should pop out easy.. then maybe you will have to do a lil sanding but it might pop out perfect.

:help: Highly doubt that. Cars are not made of aluminum foil the last I checked.

LOL, no ****. :laugh:

Just call around to some shops, and ask if they do any paintless dent removal. If not, ask if they know anyone that does. Most dealerships outsource that work, and have someone come in for those jobs. Just ask about 10 of the people at Spring Zing 06! I had a guy come out and do some dent removals. For a larger dent, I'd say $60-$100 max, but could be less if the dent comes out easily. Don't buy into those dent puller suction cups they sell on infomercials.

Mark

actually I had some one use one of those tv commercial pullers on my door and it took most of the dent out .... it didn't pop out like the commercial and it was to humid for the glue to hold right but it did a half decent job ... and the dent wasn't in a good place ... the guy at SZ took the rest of it out and you could hardly tell except at certain light and angles since it was so old it didn't bend back easily ...

im broke, i need something that i can do myself, if i wanted to fill it in, sand, and paint, what would i fill it in with, and would that look good?

Back