• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Datalogging w/ Xcal2 only?

Y2KSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
So what all needs to be done to datalog with the Xcal2 only? I know that Redlineracer is datalogging. Do I have to have a laptop? A buddy of mine with a lap top helped me with some datalogging to refine my tune, but I don't own a lap top. Any chance that the datalogging will save to the Xcal2, and I can load it to my PC at home? Which software to I need to download from the sctflash.com site? Are there any limitations to the datalogging?

Mark

First off... go here (downloads)
http://www.sctflash.com/downloads.php

Download: "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SCT Live Link Data Logging Software"
[/FONT]Check your firmware... if it's not 1.14, grab: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LiveUpdate 2:[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Application: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9400 Custom Tuner or 9415 SF Strategy Flash Device
[/FONT]
[/FONT]Though.. if you have firmware of 1.10 or higher, you can datalog on your xcal2. 1.14 fixes some stuff.

In that same section.. there's a link on how to do on device datalogging. Here's the pdf.....
http://www.sctflash.com/software/Configuring Datalogging.pdf

Even though you can select some items to log without the xcal2 connected to the ecu, most of the useful ones aren't available unless it's connected to your ecu. You could borrow a laptop... install the livelink software on it and your desktop... connect the laptop -> xcal2 -> ecu... and save the configuration to the xcal2 (will make more sence after reading the howto pdf). After that... you won't need the laptop anymore.

Thanks Morbid! I'll try and play around with it this weekend. Hopefully I don't have to find someone with a lap top, as I hate inconveniencing people. Otherwise, it might have to wait til spring, as the car goes into storage on 11/1!:cry:

Mark

I would suggest using a laptop with the livelink as there are many options you need to choose when datalogging. It doesn't just take a universal sampling of everything the car is doing.

Well, at least I have never had it do that, but the more I think about it the more I like the idea of being able to do that!!

I wish the XCal 2 could monitor sensors like the predators can. It would be really nice to have a real time display. Maybe you can and I just don't know it though.

edit: Scratch that it looks like you can view it real time after reading through that PDF posted. The only draw back is having to load up the variables you want to view before plugging into the vehicle.

Last edited:
And also if you want to monitor sensor voltages, you have to calculate it. I wish it could... or at least if we were able to create our own "PID"s based off a calculation of another item.

Back