• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dash Warp Kit

svt tourin

CEG'er
I have noticed my dash isnt warped yet but it looks like it could start to soon i have a 00 svt contour. I heard there is a kit to fix this problem... Where would i be able to pick one of these kits up and how hard is it to install? THANKS!

and also does anyone know why I cant post on the classifieds section?

you can get the kit from Ford.

as for the classifieds you need to be a member for 60 days. if you still can't post contact an admin to report the issue.

Do you have a part number for the warp kit? and i have been a member of the forum for about a year.... so who do I contact?

Ditto on the above.

And how does a dash-warp kit work? I've never heard of such a thing, but my dash is warping a bit in my 98 E0 SVT. What does this "kit" consist of and how does it fix your dash?

Ditto on the above.

And how does a dash-warp kit work? I've never heard of such a thing, but my dash is warping a bit in my 98 E0 SVT. What does this "kit" consist of and how does it fix your dash?

your E0 shouldn't have dash warp.

dash warp is where the dash curls up towards the windshield. The E0s had the better dash so this typically doesn't happen.

now can the dash curl up alittle over the instrument cluster, yes that is possible.

search for dash warp and you can find pics and instructions. I looked for the part number earlier today but couldn't find it. Call Bill Jenkins at teamfordparts.com and he can find it for you. you can find his contact info if you search for it.

Ah yes, I was referring to the dash curling slightly above the instrument cluster, as well as the passenger side airbag cover warping upwards just a little on the raf left and right sides. I guess I'm in the lucky number though; that's a bit of a relief. I was getting kinda worried.

dash warp

dash warp

I have dash warp on my 2000 SVT and I want to replace it. Does anyone have any idea what other models would fit my SVT?

Lorenzo

Ah yes, I was referring to the dash curling slightly above the instrument cluster, as well as the passenger side airbag cover warping upwards just a little on the raf left and right sides. I guess I'm in the lucky number though; that's a bit of a relief. I was getting kinda worried.

if you find the dash warp kit instruction you will find a part in it that talks about using pop rivets to re secure the edge of the dash above the instrument cluster to fix the warp.

Back