• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

dash warp by gauge bezel

n2n2o

CEG'er
can someone show me some pics of the warping by the guages. would like to compare it to what is goin on in my car. normal and warp pics would be great so i can compare what is right and wrong. thanks all chad

Last edited:
bad pictures and I apologize, but since nobody else contributed:

Slight warp on my old 98 SE.
No warp on my 99 SVT. Other example

The first picture shows a significant difference between the level of the black bezel and the gray dashboard. This is warped slightly. As the warp gets worse, you may see a crack between the bezel and dash.
Note that the "fold" (edge of the dash) is almost flat with the black bezel in the second and third picture. This is how it should be.

yep thats what my dash looks like.Only on a grander scale. Looks like in need to do what is on that link. Got a ? is all the parts the are talking about on that 15 page recall or tsb whatever they was calling it in the warp kit ya can get for 70 bucks? i mean the stuff for the fix above the gauges as well. and another ? if this was a recall and not a tsb is there a time frame that this recall would have expired ..was thinkin if not what would keep me from getting this fixed for free lol just athought. thanks all chad

Back