• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dash fix and Switcheroo with the Infamous Aussie Ford

RobFresh2SVTs

CEG'er
So I made an attempt to take out a dash with my brother in law and did not get far. I then was lucky enough to get the wizard involved and we did a lot more then just switch some dashes out.

We decided to fix both dashes which was by far the biggest job i had done with an svt. I DEFINITELY COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS AT ALL WITHOUT BOB.

We started off by taking out all bolts and unplug just about everything.DSC01003..JPGDSC01007..JPG

After pulling out the dash we noticed a lot of the vinyl pieces were loose. Pretty much everything was flopping in the wind.DSC01015..JPGDSC01016..JPG

So Bob's Idea was to heat up pieces of vinyl with a heat gun. After getting them hot enough we would then use little chunks of wood and clamps to keep them in the positions that we wanted.DSC01024..JPG

We did this to 2 dashes one of them he added some extra pins and wires for me to eventually have heated mirrors and some other little lights and such the guy is a stud.
Here are some finished pictures.
DSC01038..JPG
DSC01037..JPG
DSC01039..JPG
DSC01040..JPG
DSC01072..JPG
The second dash was a little more challenging but you can't tell know they both look great.

Bob you are the friendliest most helpful guy I have ever come across just a stand up guy thanks for all the work you put into my vehicles. I do appreciate it tremendously. I could not have done it with out you. I am forever grateful. I am proud to have started a friendship with you.

Rob

One thing for sure...Aussie Ford is a madman!

He is a really good guy. I try to be helpful but he puts me to shame!

He even helped me with my old Chevy the other day...Thanks Aussie!

Wow man, that's great. Aussie, nice work helping him out with that. Changing dashes aren't fun but fixing them and swap, YIKES :eek:.

:eek:
Thanks for the kind words Rob, you did quite a bit of it yourself.

And BTW out on 111th & Foster at the JY there is a 96 black tour that has heated mirrors that would be perfect for your next project..... :laugh:

AF

i wish i would have rememberd to call him up cuz i just sent my parts car to scrap and it had a perfect dash color mnb and i just couldnt find the last bolts to get the sucker out! so i had to let it go
:(

Back