• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

dash clock and keyless entry question

cetroutt

Veteran CEG'er
so i'm wanting to install a factory clock into my dash. i've pulled out the contour insert and there aren't any wires there for a clock as far as i can see. should there be any wires there and i just need to look deeper down into the dash or am i going to have to run my own wires.
i'm also wondering did the Zetec contours come with keyless entry? i would like to put in a factory keyless setup in if i can, i know with the SHO's it's pretty much just installing the keyless module in the trunk. is it the same for contours? thanks
chris

there is no wiring for the clock. you need to get the pig tail with the clock and wire it into the radio harness.

as for keyless entry, it was an option. Look for the control unit behind the glovebox. many threads on this....

okay so i dug around up under my dash today looking for the wires that would plug into the RKE module and i'm not finding anything. do need a different wiring harness for under the dash?

clock Mod

clock Mod

You need to tap into the radio harness. You have a Zetec so you don't have to worry about the led anti theft warning. It's worth the effort and it's easy to do. My clock had a dead bulb when I bought it and I replaced it with a 24v bulb. It will last forever at half power. the brightness is just perfect for day and night. I have the bulb wired to the ignition on power. I didn't bother with the dash light connection. Good luck. I also moded the clock with a red filter.

Attachments

• clocksmall..jpg
    clocksmall..jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 0
Back