• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dag Nabbit!

KyleQ

Hard-core CEG'er
Well - my Dad just hit my car... I'll be looking for a new front bumper today :nonono: Kersploded a nice chunk out of the passanger side - no damage to his car....

Duct tape.

And we all know who would approve of that decision...

Red%20Green.jpg

What you wanna do here is take a nice long strip of duct tape -- maybe ten or fifteen feet, and roll it up into a nice ball. Stick that in the bumper to stop the pieces from moving around, and then tape right over the hole. Don't worry if the car's not silver -- you can always paint it later.

What you wanna do here is take a nice long strip of duct tape -- maybe ten or fifteen feet, and roll it up into a nice ball. Stick that in the bumper to stop the pieces from moving around, and then tape right over the hole. Don't worry if the car's not silver -- you can always paint it later.

I like the sounds of that ;)

I'm going to wait until I find a nice bumper for my pops to buy. I refuse to buy a bumper that needs work - my current bumper was in great shape - why should I have to do work because of some else's negligence? :rolleyes:

I'm going to wait until I find a nice bumper for my pops to buy. I refuse to buy a bumper that needs work - my current bumper was in great shape - why should I have to do work because of some else's negligence? :rolleyes:

I think you MIGHT be able to get a front bumper for it from ford?? Expensive, but OEM....

Might even be cheaper through Tousley ford.

best part is that it will fit IN the car... If i can fit a mustang Bumper, header panel and other stuff in the car with only folding 1 seat down, i say were doing REALLY well.

you can have my black bumper if you take he rest with you lol. not sure what you would do with the zetach with your svt...maybe set it up in the trunk as a boost lol

lol no its just a black Ztech, its a LX bumper ...if I had a SVT bumper I would have pulled it painted it white and put it on the SE

Tousley was selling bumpers for around $650 unpainted with Steve's pricing. I don't think they are being sold any more though. Find one on car-parts.com is your best bet.

Tousley was selling bumpers for around $650 unpainted with Steve's pricing. I don't think they are being sold any more though. Find one on car-parts.com is your best bet.

I'm going to wait it out and hopefully CEG will provide. I'm not in a huge hurry to replace it - it is still winter and who knows what will happen. If I have to, my dad will pay to have one repainted to match - so I'm all good.

Back