• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anybody from Rose Hill, NC?

XT_

CEG'er
Hiya,

We got back from our vacation in NC, saw Charlotte, Raleigh, WIlmington. Love it there! On our way back we took a detour through Rose Hill in the midle of the night and ended up on some very VERY dark back roads, and looked up and saw some kind of monsterous factory. I think it said boss hogg or something to that effect on it. it was massive! anybody know what I am talking about or am i insane?

Thanks Guys/Gals!

You may have happened upon a pork processing plant. Here's an excerpt from an article on the subject. The link to the complete article is below:

"...Murphy Family Farms, the biggest corporate hog farm in the United States at that time, was located in the little town of Rose Hill, in eastern North Carolina. It was headed by former state senator Wendell H. Murphy -- "Boss Hog" himself. We found that, on average, someone in state government called Murphy Farms once every working hour of every working day during those two years. Murphy Farms was like a satellite of state government. Or maybe it was the other way around..."

http://www.poynter.org/content/content_view.asp?id=83144

Back