• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cv axle

thomasjason80

New CEG'er
So I put driver's side axle in won't lock into transmission and then I was. Dumb and tried to go forward something popped now transmission not engaging.Did u just tear my transmission up??

If the axle wouldn't go in and you tried to drive it that way it probably bound on and jumped out of what little it was touching in the differential. Provided you got the other side in correctly and how much you sent it, you probably don't have the axels installed to engage anything or it grenaded the diff.

Unless you mean it won't engage into gear by the clutch or through the shifter.

Sound like it transmission is running the gears on end of new akle messed up lol transmission gears look good so a new CV axle and put in all the way might need to take other side out too get that differential tool to line it up did I answer myself? Or is trans messed up it don't die when I put it in gear it sound like it turning

If the axle isnt installed all the way in the trans, it'll sound horrible and not move. As for a differential tool to line it up, thats not at all needed. The diff cant move when its in the trans. It's held in place by bearings and races. Get the axles popped back in the whole way and you should be good.

Back