• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Custom S/C or Turbo setups...

bullion

CEG'er
Forgive me if this topic has crossed this section of the forum in the past, but I don't ever check this section so bare with me.

What custom turbo and/or supercharging options are out there? Is it possible to buy pre-fabricated exhaust pieces and turbo inlets and outlets to pair up with a properly sized turbo? It sounds like S/C is the easiest solution, but since Vortech doesn't sell the kits anymore it may be hard to persue this option. I'm aware that turbos yield the highest gains, but I am really going for the most cost effective solution to gaining power. If in either case (S/C or turbo-ing), if it will end up costing me $3k+ I'm not really interested...I guess I would rather spend it on my other car if that's the reality.

That is the reality..

JUST the cost of parts and misc. stuff (tuning, gauges, wideband, controller, dyno, etc) will push you REALLY close to that, as it is.

Add in labor and you are well past that. Tranny upgrades to support the power without SHREDDING.. LSD, upgraded forks, etc.

Budget more than a flat 3K, or find a more cost effective solution to your power desires (different platform, more abundant parts, etc)

Ehh...you can have the first one as long as I can have the second! I am buying a house in the near future so that will tie up most of my funds for a while. Then again, I am contemplating geting rid of my Mazda 6s for that new Mazdaspeed 3....looks pretty badass

Oh that sounds good. What kind of timeline are you planning for (i.e. when can we expect a finished product). Any cost estimations?

I think Chris said he expects it to take a few more weeks to get everything sorted out, and he'll discuss all the details about the kit at that time.

i have talked to chris multiple times about this. we were going to prototype it on my car but he figured out what was wrong with his silver daily driver, so now he can prototype it on his cougar. from what i have seen on the improvements he made to the thomas knight kit, this one iwth the vortech unit will surely be a great kit. i plan on getting one, but i may wait until after i get a 3L. i had one of those situations sitting here looking at my money and decided i should make the suspension/drivetrain the way i want it first.....then boost the hell out of it

I'll make sure it fits on my Cougar and my Silver Contour SVT because I'm sure the piping in the front bumper will be a little tighter on the Contour SVT.

I've tried to keep it as low as possible because I know people that buy these cars don't have a lot of money to spend but it will still be over $2500 mainly because of the cost of the supercharger head unit is 80% of the cost.

Are you planning on doing two different piping set ups for stock svt intakes and for 3 liter intakes?

ive got an svt intake'd full 3 liter, and id be willing to look into this. Im kind of excited, ill have to start budgeting.

Are you planning on doing two different piping set ups for stock svt intakes and for 3 liter intakes?

ive got an svt intake'd full 3 liter, and id be willing to look into this. Im kind of excited, ill have to start budgeting.

Yea crank it up a notch in the workshop. That blower sounds real good with a 3.0!

Back