• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

cursed pro burners install

bkent

New CEG'er
Got the fogs mounted, drilled holes and used new screws for fog grounds, grounded switch to steering column...

The switch will turn on (i.e. light up) but the fog lights won't. I used an open fuse slot for the hot wire. The instructions say to connect the hot wire to the battery or the positive side of the fuse box (????).

My guess is I'm not sending enough juice to the lights, but wouldn't they light up just be less bright?

I have a hotstick but it only goes down to 50 volts so I'm gonna go get a auto one in the am, were would you recommend tapping into power? Can you tap into any hot wire, or do I need to go through the firewall to the battery?

Thanks.

I just decided to skip the switch and use stock fog wiring. They're aimed too high so I'll have to use some washers in the am...

Yeah I was gonna say I'm just gonna use the stock fog connecter and then they'll work with the regular fog position on the Headlight switch.

I can't believe how bright these things are. If I'm parked in front of my garage then center of the beam is 12" off the ground and it lights up the top of the garage 15'. I added 4 washers in between the mounting bracket and the stock plastic "tray" in an effort to lower the beam. Anyone install these on a SVT and get them to aim downwards instead of straight ahead?

On a side note I also did the headlight cleaning system ($20 at autozone) and am impressed with the results. I still have a little condensation in one light, any idea how to get rid of it?

I did clear corners and fear somehow moisture is getting in...

edit: searched and will check the vent tube in the am...

Last edited:
Back