• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

current scrap aluminum value???

TRicker

Hard-core CEG'er
ive got a couple sets of heads to scrap, a radiator, and a couple oil pans. maybe even an aluminum spare ;)

nobody wants the heads so they are going to the junker i think :(

anyone know what the prices are lately? i guess they would be dirty aluminum so not worth much some non-aluminum is in there somewhere i'm guessing.

ive got a couple sets of heads to scrap, a radiator, and a couple oil pans. maybe even an aluminum spare ;)

nobody wants the heads so they are going to the junker i think :(

anyone know what the prices are lately? i guess they would be dirty aluminum so not worth much some non-aluminum is in there somewhere i'm guessing.
Are they 2.5 heads or Zetec?

.50 for clean alum like an oil pan or timing cover. .20-30 for heads since they are dirty with the valves. Pull the valves and you'll get more. Was too much work for me since I don't have the tools to do it.

I could right now but I wouldnt be able to get my mom a christmas gift then. I still dont even know what im getting her. My sister was supposed to think this up.:nonono:

After christmas if you still have them I will contact you about them.:cool:

yeah. if its too long after xmas i'm going to get another 3L and do some crazy hybrid setup and get a contique to slap it in for a daily driver. so don't wait too long ;)

Back