• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CTA Motorsports - Contour SVT, CAN'T SEEM TO CATCH A BREAK

Wish I lived nearby to help with the detail, a good wash a speedy prep towel wipe is in order, probably some Iron-X too, then move to a good polishing and finishing up with some sealant!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

Picked up the Contour SVT (again). Still some problems to resolve, A/C not working, low speed cooling fans not operating, and cruise control not operational. Aside from that, I had a chance to put some mileage on the SVT on Saturday. The tuner set a engine rev limit at 4000rpm, for the break in period, so I can't open it up. Boooooo.

I took some current pictures today but no exterior pics as I spent Saturday cleaning the engine bay, interior and trunk space. Today is another day, and I will get around to cleaning the exterior. ;) That's some very good information regarding the exterior detailing.

100_5202.JPG

100_5204.JPG

100_5205.JPG

100_5208.JPG

100_5210.JPG

Certainly in the top 5 of all-time Contours without a doubt Chris, glad its all sorted and out there!

Thanks Guys. I was going to take some pictures of the exterior today, but the time just got away from me. I was at least able to wash the SVT, but it is need of a wax. A years worth dust and dirty from the shop didn't help. Nothing has really changed on the exterior in a number of years, so here's a couple of previous exterior pics from 3 years ago to tie us over till I take some new pics.

HPIM0775.JPG

HPIM0780.JPG

IMO the pre-98 decklid looks best on the CSVT's, although I really did like the Mystique center reflector and tails on CSVT though!

Chris your car is stunning and I hope everything works out great and get to enjoy the car and carry the torch for all the OG CEG'ers that remember when you got the car originally!

So good to hear that the car is back in your hands and in one piece. Looks excellent as always.

At one point in time, I had a 95 SE along side the SVT. The SE was my first Contour. I always liked the Pre 98 trunk, hence, later on, a pre 98 trunk on the SVT was in order. I think that the rear just needs a little bit more of a hint of a dark contrast, thinking, maybe paint the trunk spoiler in a colour similar to the tone of the CF hood. (Dark gray or almost black). That's a thought that is up in the air.

If it stops raining around our area, I will surely put more miles on the SVT this week before it goes back to the shop on Saturday (to investigate the problems noted in a post above).

I'm still looking for someone to build me a jackshaft coupler. :help:

Back