• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CSVT vs WRX

Not gonna go into numbers such as HP, torque, and weight ratio but a race with any WRX while driving in a CSVT modded spells LOSE. UNLESS your car is heavily modded with a turbo pushing mad boost. But then you still may lose. :(

I beg to differ. :) Of course, my situation my be different from most, but you said "any" Contour.

any contour making power is completely worthless off the line. i've seen many a properly driven wrx leave many a car for dead from a dig on the street.

once the wrx gets that far out front, it's all over.

Perhaps and keep in mind I have an 02 -- launching it off the line is not a good idea with that year regardless of who is driving it unless the gearbox isnt stock.

I agree.....Though, there are lots of guys, with different power ranges, stock 5spd, and haven't broken a thing. Still, it's not a wise idea to beat on it unless you're ready to spend the money and upgrade. The 02 box is especially delicate depending on the build date. Later 02-03's had a bit thicker gears. 04+ gears have been modified as well but with later years, 3rd seems to be the weak link. Stage 2 06's will shear all the teeth off 3rd, lol.

Back