• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CSVT VS 06 Mustang

You need to drive a new Mustang before responding. It is a much stronger running car than I expected.

I have, a lot. In my opinion a 3L would be about evenly matched with a new stock v6 mustang if not being able to beat it outright. As for mods on the v6, I'm not sure how well they take so I can't offer any opinions on that. Boost not required here to beat one, just stock 3L numbers, which I imagine you can get from the mods he's listed to his 2.5

Car and driver posted a 15.4 with a stock mustang v6.

When i drove one i was amazed on how good it pulled. I think he will take you. Then again you might be a driving a factory freak svt and not know about it:laugh:
So with his mods i would say he has to be around 15.0-15.2... maybe quicker? I have no experience with the 4.L on the new mustang.

Does this person know his :censored::censored::censored::censored: or is he a wanna be? What type of 20's does he have Saleen wheels etc? Or ghetto looking dubs with spinners:laugh:

i`ll take a pic next time i see it. i`ll take some of all the "cool" cars at my school for which people said could beat me. There are some pretty rediculous rides lol

Car and driver posted a 15.4 with a stock mustang v6.

When i drove one i was amazed on how good it pulled. I think he will take you. Then again you might be a driving a factory freak svt and not know about it:laugh:
So with his mods i would say he has to be around 15.0-15.2... maybe quicker? I have no experience with the 4.L on the new mustang.

Does this person know his :censored::censored::censored::censored: or is he a wanna be? What type of 20's does he have Saleen wheels etc? Or ghetto looking dubs with spinners:laugh:

But remember that is with a 5 peed and a person who knows how to drive. Then again the same thing can be said about the SVT times....you need to know how to drive in order to hit those times.

But remember that is with a 5 peed and a person who knows how to drive. Then again the same thing can be said about the SVT times....you need to know how to drive in order to hit those times.

okay 5 speed manual or 5 speed auto? Both options are 5 speed. Even with an auto he has his work cut out for him. I think if we knew what he runs in a 1/4 mile that would help us answer his question.

Either way the mustang will get you up to 60mph np.

The problem is, he's done mods to his car. So his car is opened up from air to exhaust and having a chip will give him better shifting points. I think he has you imho. I just want you to win :)

manual
0-60 = 6.5s
1/4 = 15.3 at 93mph

Automatic
0-60 =6.9s
1/4 = 15.7

They are governed at 113mph. We can take them on open road lol
.81g's on the skid pad v6. (ouch)
.89g's for the gt

v6 auto comes with a 331 rear end gear.

Last edited:
i've beaten a couple on the track and the easily on the highway in my truck. since the motor has been around for a few years in the ranger, there is a little bit of parts out there and the mustangs are getting into the 14s with a little bit of work. Ive put down 14.6 in my truck so far, and that was a win against an 05+ gt. his trap was 100 compared to my 93, so obviously it was a drivers race.

anything is possible, just have to run and see how it pans out. if you loose, big deal, mod some more and go back for another one. there will always be someone faster than you

I could beat V6 SN197's with my contour when i had it.

If you dont think it is enough, i have a complete nitrous kit for sale for 600 bucks. 90 extra torque will smoke that mustang easily.

Back