• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

csvt prices

I have to admit that the mystic cobras do look sweet and they sound awesome too. The power is nice to have also. My parents owned a 98 so I can definitely vouch for the cobra performance.

I want to talk about contours though. I loved driving the cobra but the contour is a nicer cruising car. Since the mystic cobras are getting really rare it would be nice to have something to drive so that you can keep the miles off of it.

I still have to say that you made a bad choice with getting rid of the CSVT. Especially if it was boosted.

I'd say about $6000-$6500 is all the money for a 50K car in great condition. Depends on whether or not you're the only guy interested when it hits the market, of course. You might be able to get closer to $5000 or the upper fours. You'll know when you find it, needless to say.

Insurance, as Zorrex points out, is a tough thing to nail down. Up here in Mass, its a king's ransom compared to other states that allow proper market forces to work and don't control competiton.

"Danny, is this Russia? No, this isn't Russia."

caddyshack_be_the_ball_small.jpg

$77 per/month full coverage on my SVT. I am 20 years old and a pretty clean record. I would be screwed if insurance was based on HP. :D

From where????

I pay $110 a month full coverage. NO points in over 5 years I guess AAA FTL.

Last edited:
I have paid over $300 a month on my svt and thats not even full coverage!!I wish I could pay 77 a month for full coverage.........(randonsvt99=owned by insurance companys.):troutslap:

^^^ :eek:

Dear god what is your driving record like? Do you have millions of dollars of liability coverage or something? That's absurd.

$86/month full coverage for me, clean record.

If I found a bone stock csvt with around 50k miles on it what kind of price range would it be in? I'd like to get one and get rid of the se. The svt looks so much better.

I liked my Mystique LS and was sad to see it go. However, I like my SVT because it's the same car but better in every category!

I have paid over $300 a month on my svt and thats not even full coverage!!I wish I could pay 77 a month for full coverage.........(randonsvt99=owned by insurance companys.):troutslap:

That is how much I was paying for my 2 SVT's, my 96 SE (just PLPD), and my wifes Honda Accord with full coverage! You did get owned! :blackeye: :help: :D

Dear god what is your driving record like? Do you have millions of dollars of liability coverage or something? That's absurd.
He lives in Delaware .. enough said. They're even worse than Massachusetts.
I was paying $2333 for my Maxima but it went down to $1600 this year (6+ years driving, clean record).

I wouldn't think it would go up too high for me. I'm paying $124 a month for full coverage on the se and the fusion + liability on the truck. That seems pretty good. I only pay $75 a year on the mustang. (Antique car insurance):laugh:

I really want a svt and I was looking at them in the autotrader yestarday but my wife doesn't seem to chipper about it. She brings me down.

i pay $200 a month for full coverage on the svt :blackeye: i'm 18 years old, clean record

I like seeing things like this. Makes me not feel so bad about what I'm paying... Full coverage on my SVT, and PLPD on my riv for about 230 a month. But I do have like 7 or 9 points or something. For anyone who saw the SZ06 DVD, yeah that ticket was 4 points.

i got one i need priced by you pro's.

t-red/tan leather 99 csvt. 36,xxx miles. original owner, totally stock, adult driven. it was his weekend car. has a few scratch's on the rear bumper. but a very clean and original car.

so far every other one ive found FS, i havent been happy with the condition of the one's ive looked at so far, all have had body damage or too many scratch's...

he's looking to sell it, but im kinda thinking he's asking a bit much.

so any idea's on price?

Last edited:
i burn 2nd if im not careful for about 1.5 - 2 seconds, and chirp third when i get it on real hard, and 4th is good too, 5th sucks though! LOL

Also, I pay 130 a month for 2 cars, no points for me or my wife, a svt and a regualr, full coverage!

Last edited:
i got one i need priced by you pro's.

t-red/tan leather 99 csvt. 36,xxx miles. original owner, totally stock, adult driven. it was his weekend car. has a few scratch's on the rear bumper. but a very clean and original car.

so far every other one ive found FS, i havent been happy with the condition of the one's ive looked at so far, all have had body damage or too many scratch's...

he's looking to sell it, but im kinda thinking he's asking a bit much.

so any idea's on price?
Give me his number, I'll call him and ask a few questions....... :p

Back