• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Crap! Im back with another t-red

dukeofsho

Veteran CEG'er
Yup, I bought another one. 2000, 70k miles and a spun bearing. I'll post pics in a few. I still miss my 98 but this one will do. :)
1fd1461363nb3k43mb8b9467319cddb9715.jpg

12513a1403pb3o83l58b9d6cf96f0d79019.jpg

Where did you get that, and how much was it? Damn you :nonono:. How much do you want for it?

Ha, it took you just one day of hanging out with contours to get you back into it. What are your plans for it? 3L, juice?

Who are you again?

We used to have this guy named Matt that had a T-red, but he quit hanging around with us when he met Tina!!!

Sweet tour man....Can I drive it?

Last edited:
Plans are to look at the bottom end. I'll see if its salvagable. If not "maybe" 3L swap. Mine was nice but this ones alot cleaner...even then mine. The problem is that I still have my Impala and no garage room plus 2 other SHOs.

Info:
One owner car
All maintaince done by Ford (that might not be a good thing)
Right ground effect missing (he has a new one in the box)
Leathers nice
No mods
Comes with a newer set of blizzacs and a second set of wheels
70k miles
All paperwork including window sticker

I'm not sure if im going to molest this one yet, but I still have my Nitrous kit :p

Yes BK I dumped Tina....her eating became out of hand!! 4 Big macs per sitting was just too much!

All I have to say is DAMN YOU ALEX!! If would'nt have gone over to help you I would nt have had CSVT on the brain and started looking.

I pick her up Saturday.

I had a feeling you would be getting back into a Contour. I mean there were three black contours over there when we were doing the install. How can you resist?

Plans are to look at the bottom end. I'll see if its salvagable. If not "maybe" 3L swap. Mine was nice but this ones alot cleaner...even then mine. The problem is that I still have my Impala and no garage room plus 2 other SHOs.

Info:
One owner car
All maintaince done by Ford (that might not be a good thing)
Right ground effect missing (he has a new one in the box)
Leathers nice
No mods
Comes with a newer set of blizzacs and a second set of wheels
70k miles
All paperwork including window sticker

I'm not sure if im going to molest this one yet, but I still have my Nitrous kit :p

Yes BK I dumped Tina....her eating became out of hand!! 4 Big macs per sitting was just too much!

All I have to say is DAMN YOU ALEX!! If would'nt have gone over to help you I would nt have had CSVT on the brain and started looking.

I pick her up Saturday.

It's all Sean's fault. His svt runs. :laugh:

I was looking through my old SVT stuff and found this.
Hemmings Classic Car (May 2005): In 1995, Ford replaced the ghastly Tempo With an Americanized version of its world-car Mondeo, called Contour here. It reminded you of something Marlo Thomas would have driven on "That Girl" if it had been taped 30 years later. Ongoing media bashing had Ford hustling SVT to make the Contour credible. It announced plans to build up 5,000 Contour SVT sedans annully, beginning in 1998. What emerged was a sinister spoiled sedan riding on a lowered suspension, and powered by a 195hp version of the 2.5-liter Duratec DOHC six, mated to a five-speed transaxle. The cars were immediately cheered as BMW-gobblers, yet despite impeccable capabilities, the public saw the Contour as "the new Tempo," and never bought into the idea of a hot version. Fewer then 11,500 were built, and those have been autocrossed, rallied and raced extensively; finding an abuse-free example od this stirring car won't be easy.-Jim Donnelly

Just thought that was cool.

Is that flowmaster exhaust on that silver sho? I ordered a flowmaster exhaust for Amanda's 92 T-Bird 5.0 and it came with angled tips that looked like that. It was one of the fugliest things I've ever seen. Nice collection of cars though :cool:

Well, the 92 Sho's came with turndowns from the factory. In 93 The stainless tips were added as was a spoiler.

I just stuck with the 92 theme.

Back