• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Craigslist 97 Contour for $350!

if thats a V6 manual, i'd fly down there right now and pick it up. i'd much rather put an svt kit on a white pre-98 and throw the air ride kit on it.

if thats a V6 manual, i'd fly down there right now and pick it up. i'd much rather put an svt kit on a white pre-98 and throw the air ride kit on it.

they mentioned possible problem with the "converter" so I'm guessing it is an auto... nice looking car though.. I love Mech. problems as they net you a cheep car if you can fix em yourself....:)

id buy it but i have nowhere to fix it. i might go look at it and see if it is simply a shift cable. seen it happen lol. that would be a steal!

Since it's a '97, it would be a 'rod shift' if it was a manual. Since the post mentioned 'converter,' it's most likely an automatic, as Purdy stated. It could be that it's just low on transmission fluid -- that'd keep it from moving. My guess is that it's a Zetec Auto.

Back