• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Count down

The idiot I am buying mine from's mech went out of town. Thus locking keys in the garage and won't be back till tuesday. And trip had been planned for months and I said I am still coming for her. She is mine blue_fuz..... hehehehehehe And he is gonna have to fed ex me the keys

Ok I have officially made it back in one piece. Kinda. This was the longest trip, well at least i felt like it. First on our car dolly they turning light fell off and broke on interstate in first 20 miles. Then it took us like 2 hours to get the car open. Tried all suggestions on the thread. I will post my comments on certain suggestions. hehehehe and I have lots of those. Then got it open and the mech has the keys, who happens to be out of town for weekend. So we use jack stands and a jack to jack it up to put on the car dolly. This was an adventure let me tell you. The rear tire blows a hole in it 2 cans of fix a flat and a hole plug later the tire does hold. hmmm what else can go wrong? At the toll booth about 200 miles lates we here a banging. Come to find out the dolly lug nuts "NOT TIGHT" so we jacked it up and tightend them up. Is that all you ask NEVER!! We stop to get gas, and one wheel on the dolly locks up. And spins the dolly and car slamming the dolly bar into my little bro's truck and causing it to spin. Well lets just say it was an interesting trip. Car, passangers are home safe, truck has little scratch which needles to say he isn't happy about. Gonna tell trailer company to fork over some dough for repair tomorrow morning.:eek:

Pics are up and in my photo album if anyone would like to see

Last edited:
Back