• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

cougar pedals

lakeside

CEG'er
ok, so at the wreck yard today i harvested a set of cougar pedals- the nice chrome ones with the round black rubber items to keep your feet from slipping. so the question.....

any particular secrets to successfully mounting these onto our existing pedals? any tricks? anyone want to share their experience? any lessons learned?

thanks in advance.......lakeside

They go one pretty easy. The gas pedal is an entire assembly and comes off with 3 bolts. The brake and clutch, you take off the old pads and put on the new ones, BEWARE use work gloves. I sliced the hell out of my finger on the sharp edges. About 20-30 minutes total.

BTW, it took me 30 seconds to find this. Ahhh, the amazing search button.......

thank you, muntus.

brake and dead pedal are on. now, as to the gas pedal (assembly).....

i need to dis-mount it from the wrecked donor car (which is minus its engine so the entire engine bay is wide open), but- just where are those 3 bolts bill j talks about???? i have not been able to "see" how to dismount the gas pedal assembly and then subsequently mount it in my mystique.

thanks in advance......lakeside

they are actually inside the car. take a flashlight and look at the top of the gas pedal and you should see them around it. its real easy should only take a few minutes to swap over.

Gas pedal should be 3 bolts and one cable. I just did this about a week ago, takes about 15-20 minutes start to finish if you are taking your time. Clutch and brake just pull the existing black rubber covers off and slap on the new ones.

They're pretty sweet. Here's a pic of them installed on my car. I think total is was about 60 bucks from Steve at Tousley Ford.

CougarPedals.jpg

Don't look at my dirty floor mat! :cool:

Back