• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour Supercharger Test subject

Meh - I used to feel the same, used to always think turbos are for the import people. After maturing a bit, and seeing what a turbo can do first hand, I have a lot more respect for them. FI is awesome, no matter how you achieve it..

chris, once you get over 10psi and break 300 WHP, i want another ride. this engine is going F.I. and i'll have my asphalt sled sold so i can have funds to play with. i'm tossed up between joeys turbo and your supercharger though.

i live in gayville north carolina
almost every rice car here has a turbo
excuse me for not living in some city with lots of turbo mustangs or whtaver
but a loud blow off valve on a v8 turbo mustang would make me wanna throw up

i live in gayville north carolina
almost every rice car here has a turbo
excuse me for not living in some city with lots of turbo mustangs or whtaver
but a loud blow off valve on a v8 turbo mustang would make me wanna throw up

Are you being serious???? I hear the blow off valve on a Cobra everyday and it is by far the most beautiful thing I've ever heard.

my sisters boyfriend has a 03 cobra with a ported eaton you can hear the belt wining over the exhaust when he gets on it
its beautiful i wish my car wined

Got some Q's

Got some Q's

1. What HP-TQ are you expecting to get from the engine with supercharger at what PSI?

2. Are you going to be able to run it with stock the engine?

3. I know the cost of the kit is going to be around $2800.00? thats without tune... what would be needed to tune! i live in the middle of podunk ND where there is no dyno's tune shop's for 250+ miles.

4. when do you expect to produce theses kits?

Sorry for the obvious questions i know that im being lazy but its always better to hear from the head hancho!

Thanks again for re-flaming the love i have for my contour.... i was sad the day i herd vortec quit making the supercharger unit for the contour!

Good luck on the kit i hope to buy one someday!

1. Looking to stay around 6psi. I haven't had a stock 2.5L dynoed yet so I can't give you hard numbers but it will be nearly identical to the stock vortech power numbers. You can increase boost by going to a smaller pulley if you want more power. A 60-80hp gain isn't unreasonable but until we get dyno numbers that is just a guess.

2. Yes

3. Price may be closer to $3,000 due to the addition of an idler pulley and bracket needed to help fight any belt slip at high rpms. It will make the kit much more boost friendly for those that want to get more power out of the kit.

4. I'm finishing up with my idler pulley work this week. It's on the car now but I need to grind the bracket down slightly to get it to fit without rattling against the engine mount. I had 4 more of everything made so as soon as I'm happy with the kit on my 3L Cougar I'll have 4 ready to ship ASAP. The rest will take a few weeks to get new parts. All the parts I had designed have drawings so it will be much easier to get things made the second time around.

Last edited:
I was able to get the supercharger and idler pulley put back together last night. Everything seems to be working perfectly. The idler does it's job nicely. :laugh: I'm going to have to get the car dyno tuned so I can get some dyno sheets up.

chris will you answer my call????? i sold my asphalt sled and i'm supposed to finish the deal on the last day of this month, so shortly after that i will be looking for one of these! the 3L is in and runs, now i need the kit! -Tyler-

Replacing the clutch on the car with a Spec 3+ and I'm waiting for a larger intercooler. Boost dropped from 11psi to 5 psi with the current intercooler I have. I ordered the clutch before the 4th from spec but I heard Spec was closed the entire week so I'm still waiting for it.

Edit: I received an update on the clutch today. It should be here Thursday so I'll start tearing the old one out tonight to save some time.

Last edited:
once you break it in (break it in for more than 500 miles, i went 1000 before getting on it hard, and everyone else has problems with there stage 3's slipping around here)

i want a ride with that thing running at 10psi!

Well, the car finally made it's way to the dyno. I'm pretty happy with the numbers. :laugh: I figured I'd post it over here since most CEG members don't go over to NECO.

Here are the numbers:

Max Power: 325.45 hp
Max TQ: 277.71 tq

The MAF pegged 5V at 5700rpms so the computer tries to force the last known value but since more air is coming in it leans out slightly. With a larger MAF we should be able to squeeze a bit more out up top if we run it to redline. You can see we stopped short at 6500 because it was starting to lean out. I'm not sure what standard most people use but these are SAE numbers. The tuner said normally down south they use STD which bumps things up a bit more.

Back